Quick La Crosse area Ice Report 12/25/07

• bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Thanks to my great family I was able to take a walk out on the ice first thing this morning and play with my new St Criox rod ….and being the wife had to work this morning made it easier for me to be able to leave the house a few hours

No big crappies this trip but a lot of 10 – 10.5 inch crappies made for fun with the new 24” UL Legend.
    Around a half hour before light the 7 holes I punch would make the LX-5 light up like a Christmas tree when a Pink/white Ratso was dropped into a hole. I was fishing in 12fow and the crappies would charge up and meet the bait 3-5 feet under the ice. No meat was required making it faster to get the jig back into the hole for the next fish.

Things slowed down around 8:30am so a move was made to a sand point that runs at 5 foot then drops into 12fow. With a series of holes drilled around the tip of the point and the St. Croix armed with a Gold/Orange Slender Spoon I was busy again until 11:00am when things came to a quick stop. Perfect time to call it a day and get back home before the wife had anything to complain about

Things are slushy on top with a good amount of snow making it a work out pulling a trap around. The weight of the new fallen snow is also forcing water up and out of the holes making for a wet and sloppy surface to stand on. A good picture of today’s sun rise and playing catch and release with some hungry critters on my new toy made the walk worth it.

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and good luck fishing people

Bret

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.