Lake Holland Brown Trout

• ne_ia_angler

Anyone get out to Holland Lake in Eagan this year yet? I have an urge to go catch a couple of those monster brown trout through the ice this year

fish_any_time
    Champlin, MN

I may be wrong, but I don’t think the season opens until the 2nd weekend of January. Check page 17 of the regs.

drakesdemise
    Residing in St. Paul, MN doing weekly travel throughout the five state Upper Midwest

Whew
    I’m sure glad that I didn’t make any confessions
    Good luck
    cheers

ne_ia_angler

lol, regardless, did you do any good, besides big trout that lake is horrible. I honestly can’t stand fishing it but they only stock it with trout that are 3+ lbs

johnksully
    Lakeville, MN

Fasko, I have gone out there for the past 3 years and I still haven’t caught any of those trout. Have you had any luck out there?

ne_ia_angler

havn’t been out there yet. I live on Prior Lake so I’m almost always out there fishing walleyes, but last year I got a few of those slob brown trout. Suspending a fathead minnow on a plain red hook about 20ft down in the deep holes, im thinking about getting out there soon. otherwise jigging spoons and a minnow head were the key to a few other anglers. go try near the middle in that deep water. Could be the key to success! let me know if you nail any.

brian_peterson
    Eagan, MN

I live about 3 blocks from the lake. Last year I was out there and watched a guy pull 2 of those pigs through the ice. About an hour later, I had a slimer up to the hole that went at least 15lbs. before she came unglued and snapped my line. Everything else is tiny.

ne_ia_angler

yah they got some monster trout on that lake.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Call me interested. How big do they get?

ne_ia_angler

I have gotten fish there 6+ lbs, the big fish are all browns, fish them with a fathead minnow suspended on a float, your time put in will be well worth it in deep holes!

ne_ia_angler

I’m telling you, email me a private response and ill give you some “In Depth information”

gary_wellman
    South Metro

While lake Holland does have a gaaaaaaaaaaadzillion stunted sunnies, there are some bigger ones in there too!!!!! If you can just get the bait away from the stunted ones.

Anyone ever catch any decent pike out of there?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.