weekend report north metro 12-16-07

• tiger81
    MN.

hey everyone! hope y’all had a great weekend! I hit the ice on the channel in chisago real early on saturday morning, the report from Frankies sounded real good but it left me longing!! i had my holes drilles by 6:20am and saw a lot of fish on the vex but only managed one crappie and one sunnie by 9:30 so i packed up and headed for the car. There was a gentlemen just unloading to hit the ice and he asked me how i did and when i told him he asked me of any other spots to go in the area so i told him he could follow me down to the south end which has produced a multitude of fish for me over the last several years, as i was loading my gear up to go an oler gentlemen had stopped and asked my the same thing so i took him along as well. WE were set up on the south end of chisago, in the bay off from 83 by 10:30 and immediately got some sunnies, but majority were small so i did some hole hunting and found a hump at about 7 ft. and caught 3 large sunnies in a row so we moved the house over and pounded large sunnnies for about 2 hours, it was a blast! We were also getting a few bass and a crappie here or there. After 3 pm my new fishing partners headed for home and my brother and uncle came out and we again caught around 40 sunnies. We stayed past dark and the crappies moved in and we got around 20 by 6 pm. i have to mention that there were a few ridiculous people on the ice with large vehicles, i do not suggest this, yes there is around 8 inches of ice out there but if you get into areas where there is heavy drifting the ice is only around 5 inches!!! People should not be driving 1/2 ton trucks on the ice at all yet! or even full size cars for that matter. Anyway enough ranting about that! I will be heading out to clear lake tomorrow mid morning, and i will be having a big weekend this weelend as i am going to the Horseshoe Chain in search of catfish and Crappies. Hope you all have a great week and continue to be safe.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.