North Metro Ice fishing report 12/14

• dave-barber
    St Francis, MN

Got out for a few hours tonight. Nothing extravegant to report… but did pull in a nice small haul.

I started out drilling about half a dozen holes. Already getting dark, I figured I better drop the Marcum down and see if I can’t find a hole to set up shop.

Within 30 seconds of dropping the Genz bug tipped with red Euro_Larva down, I had my answer. I set the house up on 16′ FOW. I immediately had lookers… but wiht the bug and euro, had no takers. After 10 mins of lookers, I switched over to my St Croix legend Lite rod and 2# P-line to a Genz worm tipped with a waxie. Within 30 seconds, I had my first taker and pulled in a nice 12″ crappie.

That Crappie would, unfortunately, be the take of the day. After that, the Genz worm and waxie would pull in about a dozen sunnies and crappies ranging from 8-12 inches. Was a nice pull for only a couple hours… but following the plan I had, all fish were released to fish again (hopefully) tomorrow. Key today was the finesse jigging using the spring bobber and Genz worm tipped with a waxie. Although the action was not fast and furious… the action was more than what warranted changing up with a different presentation than what was thrown at them. I am anticipating that the panny action should be heating up tomorrow morning before the so-called snow heads in!!! If you have the chance… head out and slam them pannies while the getiting is good!!!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.