north metro fishing report!!!

• tiger81
    MN.

Well its been nice to have some time off early in the season to get out on the ice, been fishing nearly every day trying to get to lakes i haven’t fished before i hadn’t been to Pokegama yet so i traveled up there on Sunday afternoon along with my brother and we had a heck of a time trying to get on the lake pulling my portable through all the slush that came up through the big crack on the south side of the island. we fished in 17 ft. didn’t have a lot of success a few crappies and i lost a real nice eye about 2 ft. from the hole. fishing should be good if you can get out near the island but it was just too far of a walk!Ice was 7 inches. Tuesday i took my grandfather out to “Old Faithful” aka south side of Chisago and like usual we found the fish in 10-11 ft. of water, cathcing our limits of nice size sunnies and occasional crappie. good ice that was about 8 inches. Heard thay were doing well out by the Eagles nest as well on crapies before dusk. Put up Christmas stuff today so i didn’t get out but am heading to Bone lake tomorrow morning and then hitting clear lake in the afternoon, more updates on friday! be safe everyone and good luck!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.