Got Plastic??

• luke_haugland
    Iowa City, Iowa

Who uses and who doesn’t? I am a big fan of plastic- This year I am going to be experimenting with it even more than in years past.

There are many types of plastics available for ice fishing- but the main two (as you can see from my picture) are the finesse plastics, and the Wedgee- available from custom jigs and spins. These plastics simply produce fish. I have had days where fish wouldn’t hit a wax worm, spike, half of wax worm/crushed wax worm. Any type of live bait put in-front of their face, they would sniff. The ability of these plastics to put fish on the ice still amazes me. You can make a wedgee tail dance like it is alive, and getting shocked with electricity- fish simply cannot resist them. Or you can slow them way down, and make them “pulsate” enticing even the finickiest of panfish into biting.

A couple of other bonuses of using plastics are, you don’t have to carry or care for live bait. You rarely, have to re-bait. These plastics are durable, allowing you to keep your jig in the water, thus putting more fish on the ice. With an assortment of various plastics/colors/sizes, your possible combinations are endless!!

Guys these plastics are a must have in my book- give them a shot, and you won’t be dissappointed

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.