The second day on Mille Lacs

• Thinice1
    Elk River, MN

Well last Sunday went a little better then Friday, I at least got to bring some fish home. The day started out hot and well not exactly heavy, the walleyes weighed under a pound but the guys I brought up to Hunters didnt mind they were just happy to catch fish. The trip didnt go exactly as planned, after a buddy had to head home to tend to a sick calf I ended up being the only machine for 4 houses and 5 people. I was not able to cover as much water as I wanted but thats how it goes. I started out the day on some small rock humps south of Lakeside, Where we found some small walleyes and a few nice perch. As the day went on I moved closer and closer to the reef but staying far enough out not to impose on the other fisherman there. As the sun fell I hoped for not repeat of the days before however that is what I got. After watching numbers of fish come up and view my bait without eating it I switched to a dropper spoon and smacked a 16 incher. Ha that was the excitment of my trip. But after hearing some reports of people who are a lot better sticks then I am I didnt feel so bad.

If any one is looking for someone to fish Mille Lacs with Im lucky enough to have the next three weekends off and that is where I will be.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.