Lowrance H20 GPS

• millelacsjumbos
    Minnesota

I recently upgraded from my old (but simple) magellan sportrak pro to a Lowrance h20 with a lakemaster chip. I love the high quality maps, and I’m getting used to most of the functions of the lowrance. But one thing I’ve noticed is that when I want to mark a waypoint it gives me a list of about 30 symbols to chose from. With my old gps, I was able to name the waypoints and even give a short explanation of them. I will be using this gps mainly for ice fishing and I’m thinking its going to be pretty hard to decipher between waypoints if they all look the same and there is no way to explain them. Am I missing something here? Is there a way to name waypoints and/or give an explanation of them? If not, what do you guys do when you have 50-100 waypoints marked on each lake you fish which is what I’m sure to have after the next couple weekends.

shaley
    Milford IA

Your in the icon menu I think, on my Expedition you just hit enter I think and its there go back and edit later, or like me just guess later when you wonder why its there

dave-barber
    St Francis, MN

Yes, you can name them. After entering a waypoint, on the menu, go to “waypoints”. arrow down the the one created and hit enter. The bottom box allows you to scroll through to “rename”. This is off the top of my memory… but I believe that is how it goes. I have all my waypoints named on my H2OC

shaley
    Milford IA

Mine are all named to 0001, 0002, 0003 ect LOL Maybe I should get them named sometime this winter between fishing and ummmmmmm fishing. I’m bad at hitting waypoints when I raise a fish then forgetting to put the code in for it.

millelacsjumbos
    Minnesota

I like to think I’m pretty good with electronics, but this is frustrating me!! I have not been able to find anything under “menu” of “find” that is titled “waypoints”. I found my manual and it says to do the following to rename a waypoint “FIND/ENTER/DOWN ARROW/ENTER/ENTER/DOWN TO WPT NAME/ENTERRIGHT TO DELETE/ENTER/RIGHT TO YES/ENTER” The problem is, I press “find” and the first option for me if “go home” and I hit enter and it just sends me home!!! Is there maybe something wrong with my software? When I bought it I just put batteries in it and started using it, is there any set up process that I may have missed?

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

Keep it simple. You will find once you zoom in, your icons will be spread out and easy to read. Dont get caught up on saving icons. Most the time they are only good for a day or two anyways..

dave-barber
    St Francis, MN

Directly from my GPS.

-hit the find button

-arrow down to “my waypoints” and hit enter

-in the “find by” box, select “Name”

You should now have a list of all your waypoints. Select the one you want to rename by arrowing down to it and hitting enter. You should now be on the “Waypoint Information” screen

In the bottom box, it should say “GoTo”. Just hit the arrow right to scroll through the options. Two arrow right should bring you to “Rename”. Hit enter and go ahead and rename them.

Good luck!

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

You need to switch your H20 into advanced mode to be able to do all of this. It’s under one of the “menu” pages. Check in your manual to be sure, but it’s easy to do.

duckilr
    Mississippi River

Quote:

You need to switch your H20 into advanced mode to be able to do all of this. It’s under one of the “menu” pages. Check in your manual to be sure, but it’s easy to do.

Advanced mode…you are in the basic mode

millelacsjumbos
    Minnesota

I was in basic mode… Thanks a lot guys.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.