Finally Hit The BIG POND(for the 2nd time)

• Thinice1
    Elk River, MN

After having damn near a heart attack trying to walk out on my favorite lake Mille Lacs last monday i decide to give up and wait a few days till i could get a sled out on the ice. Well finally that day came yesterday. I headed out of Hunters Point at about 7:30 Friday morning to my first spot on the Lowrance. However this spot didnt quite produce for me other then one 11” perch that my buddy caught. After picky up a X Traps we were back on the sled and heading out farther on to the frozen tundra. We stopped at a small rock pile in which I proceeded to turn into swiss cheese with the the Strike Lite. Started on top with nothing and moved out the flat and ended up hitting some small perch and marking a few walleyes with lock jaw. I just kept telling myself the sunset will turn them on . But unlucky for me these fish never got turned on other then a few in the 10″ range. Betweeen 3 o clock and dark I must have marked between 20 and 30 good fish on the LX-3 and LX-5 they just would not eat. This cold weather must have shut em down. The coolest thing a saw all day was a rock about the size of a semi on the 560 camera. Well in all i cant complain it felt great to be back on the lake and it was still better then working or sitting at home. Hopefull Sunday will produce some fish, Im gonna try and get to my honey hole about 3 miles out t his time. Now if only we could get to the mud I would be in heaven.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.