Fishing Weeds?

• ghinds

I had a guy at the gas station tell me about some kind of manmade weeds that you stick down the hole and the fish come right in to them. Anything you guys ever heard of? Lots of ice pros on this site so just thought I would ask. I made it out on a pond near my house today and caught several bull gills in the 7-8″ inch range, kept enough for a meal. They loved a red jig tipped with a waxie. Thanks a bunch guys for all of the sweet info.
    regards, vinnydelpino

ederd
    Northeast Iowa, Randalia

Yea, I think they came out last year, I haven’t bought any yet but a lot of fisherman swear by them!! Check them out Here

Ed

big_g
    Isle, MN

I put em down, and watch the fish come in They are totally gravitated to them. I put the camera down, drop the weeds, and start picking and choosing who gets my bait !!!

big g

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

They are a sweet deal once you learn how and where to place them ,just one wont do you.

rvrhntr
    Holmen WI / New Berlin WI / Pelican Lake WI

These things are great as long as you are in a area that has fish. The 2 lakes that I have been using them the gills are roamers. But once I started using them I can keep the fish in my area alott longer.
    It is also nice to have a camera to see how fish react to them. You will learn what to do and what not to do real quick.
    Good Luck and have fun

luke_haugland
    Iowa City, Iowa

Vinny-

Here is an article on the reel weeds- The REEL Deal

Here is the company’s website- Ladredge Outdoors

There are quite a few great underwater video clips to watch on their website.
    I am a firm believer in their product-

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Vinny, what area do you live in?

In some states Reel Weeds can stay down unattended…MN isn’t one of them though.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.