La Crosse Area Ice 12/01/07

• bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

I found a spot to myself but it took a little work and hunting to find some good ice in the area I was looking. The first spot I wanted to get on was way shaky so I ended up backing off. I would venture to say there was a tad over an ice of ice and it did not take a hard blow to put the spud through.

The second spot wasn’t a whole lot better by the shoreline but once I picked my way out I was on 2 inches of ice. I set out 2 tip ups but never had a flag. I caught and released a dozen gills 6.5 – 7 inches on a forage minnow in 10fow. There were a lot of fish showing up on the MarCum at first but not many would take the bait.

As soon as the snow started to fly I never marked another fish. After an hour or so of that I packed up and headed for home. This Bloody Marry sure is a good warmer upper while I sit here and watch the storm from the comfort of home

Guess what I’m trying to say is…..if you didn’t make it out this morning I would venture to say you didn’t miss a whole lot, at least from where I was.

Keep in mind, depending on how much snow we get things are not going to get any better for getting around on the ice. There is no such thing as safe ice, especially this time of year.

Be safe, better days are coming!

Bret

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Thanks for the report Bret! I saw a couple guys fishing Lawrence Lake this morning. I guess that means I have to start thinking about ice fishing.

earnit

Thanks for the info! I went into work for a few hours this morning, and thought about heading out when I was done. With the snow flying, I just headed straight home. It’s early yet, and I can tell myself I didn’t miss anything.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Quote:

I just headed straight home. It’s early yet, and I can tell myself I didn’t miss anything.

Glad I could make someones day brighter

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Bret-I recognize that spot on the ice where you were
    Wished I could have joined you this morning, but like you said, I didn’t miss much
    I have shoveled twice this morning and the only good thing about the snow is it is all fluff

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Quote:

Bret-I recognize that spot on the ice where you were

You should reconize the spot…. you called me just before I left

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

I think I recognize it by what is displayed on the flasher. But I could just be way off.

smaders06

thanks bret….it is nice to know that somebody is actually catching sommee fish

dylan_w.
    La Crosse, WI

Thanks for the post Bret…
    Where were you at?
    Atleast some one was catching somthing.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.