SNOW in La Crosse…too soon!!!!!!

• Ted Wedul
    holmen, wi

I love seeing the snow…just not quite yet!!! Sure wish we would have got one or two more days of clear ice making weather before the snow came. Makes first ice a little more interesting Be careful all
    Ted

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

The non-stop winds we are experiencing should help with snow removal on the ice. The 1 inch or so we got shouldn’t hurt it at all.

The forecast 5-10 inches we could see might definitely ruin what we have now.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

I think we are good to go.
    Like Blue said, this light stuff shouldn’t hurt.
    It is the stuff we may get tomorrow that will bite

scottsteil
    Central MN

That light airy snow is not a problem. Then heavy rain mixed snow is bad news

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Hey Bret, Pool 7 locked up nicely last night. I wonder if those Crappies are still there.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

I’m sure they are….do you have an air boat?

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Airboat!!?????!?!!???

We can walk that far…

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

I will wait for a little more ice before walking out that way

jld
    Holmen

I saw Wed two brave souls on the ice at the end of Fisherman’s Road and yesterday there had to be 5-6 guys and it looked somebody even had a portable. I would like to see a few more inches, not sure what they have down there.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

I bet the portable was Wats.

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Yep, I did have the portable out there yesterday
    I like my ice fishing, but with the wind, I won’t sit on a bucket The fishing yesterday was slow, but I only fished for a couple hours.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

I’m taking mine tomorrow also Wats

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

I am undecided about going out today. The front coming in might turn the fish on, or it could turn them off I did see some guys are out on 22 this morning as well as Fisherman’s road. Choices…..hmmmmm

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

Belgian, common man we were all out on 2″ or less over deep water last year!!

jld
    Holmen

Cade, I am now year older and year wiser but your are right, I will probably be out there somewhere this weekend as well with the rest of you thin ice nuts Time to blow the dust of the ice equipmemt tonight I guess. And to think I had visions earlier in the week of taking the boat for one last sauger expedition Sat/Sunday.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.