First night of ice fishing and it felt great

• Thinice1
    Elk River, MN

I was finally out on the ice tonight around the Buffalo area, watching the LX -5 and catching fish. The bite was not the best do to location, but we caught fish. Checked a couple lakes most had open water still but we found an area with 5 to 6 inches. We werent the only ones out there either there was one other house on the lake. Shouldnt be much longer now before we hit the big water as long as this snow stays away . The offical score 15 crappies,2 sunnies, and 4 bullheads. My buddy next to me 1 bullhead. Just was not is night but hes got a few months to catch up. Saw one nice walleye on the VS-560. Man do those bull heads hate the lights on that camera, they do a beautiful mud dance for ya and stir the bottom up so bad you have to pull the thing up. I guess they are camera shy. Well the ice is here and hopefully the bull heads are gone for the year. Time to get off the farm ponds and on some real lakes. Shouldnt be long if the snow stays away. Ill cheers to that hopefully you all do too.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.