“Late Season Walleye show” Questions

• Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Great show Scott and James. Not sure if you covered this on the show or not but was wondering what you guys where using for Rod/reel combos and pound test line?

Ron Johnsen
    Platteville wi

Great show James & Scott

hof
    Rochester, MN

I enjoyed the show very much! Good job guys!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Thanks for the compliments on the show guys. They are greatly appreciated.

We were using medium Power St. Croix Legend ice rods with a MH spring or St. Croix Premier ice rod combos. The reels were spooled with 4# Vanish flouro.

The spoons were 1/8 oz. Firetiger Go Devils tipped with the top half of a shiner minnow.

http://bfishntackle.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=46

Normally I tip with just the head but going with a half of a minnow seemed to ice more fish. I assume the larger bait was easier to see and gave off more vibration and flash which sure seemed to get those bigger fish to feed.

dave-barber
    St Francis, MN

James,

What kind of reel on the Legend? I have the Premier. EXCELLENT RODS!!! Can’t wait to get my Legends

bob schroden
    Cold Spring, MN

Nice job, great show!

znak
    Byron, Mn. Rainy Lake

Great show. So many shows are “Watch us catch fish”. You guys really defined techniques and explained them better than any show out there.
    Thanks

scottsteil
    Central MN

I use several brands of reels for ice fishing. The main thing I look for is instant anti-reverse, small in size and a good drag system. Most of these reels are $30 and under. Scheel’s has a nice ice reel and I usually buy them at the end of the season for the following year when they go on sale.

The reels I usually use are below. I have 18 of these and they seem to work pretty well. Like I said, they are cheap and last pretty long. My ice gear takes a beating for the winter.

Ice Reel

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.