UNOFFICIAL GTG at Tamarack Lodge

• 1hawghunter
    Grand Rapids, MN

No problem Chappy. I am a little concerned with the post from Love2fish.
    We will put you in the little bed that Chappy likes.
    Arnie

tiger81
    MN.

hey guys very interested! just moved back from texas and ive really missed it back here its great to be back and im ready to do some serious fishing this year. where is this located?? thanks,tiger

chappy
    Hastings, MN

pm LOVES2FISH…hE TOOK OVER THE ARRANGMENTS FOR ME.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Welcome back home!

Lake Winnibigosh, near Grand Rapids.

It’s a good time!!

love2fish
    Shoreview, Grand Rapids, MN

Hello everyone- I am heading up to Winni the 28th & 29th of December. Jeff at Tamarak tells me that the fish on early ice should be in the same spots they will be in March when we are there. I will scout out the area and hopefully have good news for this thread later.

John

1hawghunter
    Grand Rapids, MN

John, are you going out of Tamarack? I may see you up there.

love2fish

Hey everyone- Just another quick role call as I will be talking to Jeff at Tamarak this weekend. If you are in for sure let me know, also if you are reserved at the resort let me know, duplex, own cabin with Derek J, etc….. Also if you are planning on going and need aplace to stay that would be helpful too. Jeff is working with 2 of his neighboring resorts to get us all a place to stay. I am happy to say with Jeff from Scenic and all the local from the area we could have as many as 40-50 guys on the ice. Those fish don’t stand a chance I am going to put a thread in the general discussion forum as well to direct everyone back here for the role call.
    Thanks Guys.

John

Ted Wedul
    holmen, wi

Hi
    I have a cabin and will be bringing 3 brother in-laws and two others from La Crosse along with myself… Can’t wait!!! We are in for any and all festivities that might be planned Ted

love2fish

Thanks Ted- Bring your filet knives. I look forward to meeting all of you guys. You are at Tamarak right?

John

andyjcraig
    Iowa City, Iowa

I’m in for sure. Not sure about the three others so I’ll find out asap.

love2fish

That would be great Andy. We are getting a waiting list going. I think you were booked with us in the duplex, correct? As soon as you can let me know or fill there spots that would be great. Look forward to fishin with you again. Bet you can’t top that slob perch you got last year, but then again I hope you do.

John

fish_any_time
    Champlin, MN

Yes, myself and 3 other guys are still planning to attend. Chappy had us in the duplex.

love2fish

Gotcha Fish- You plus 3 are in the duplex.

John

gonfisn
    Bemidji, MN

I have myself and two others for sure. We will be part of the Bemidji Group.

love2fish

Ethan- Got you down and look forward to seeing you there. All you northern guys keep us updated on what is going on leading up to the trip. PM coming.

Thanks,

John

1hawghunter
    Grand Rapids, MN

John, I am in the duplex. Received an e-amil from Jeff today. He said with all the snow, travel by 4 wheeler is tough if not impossible right now. He suggested I wait a week or two. Travel by sled may be the way to go however I do not have one.
    I will get up there as soon as possible and let you know how it goes.
    Arnie

love2fish

Thanks Arnie- Check your PM. I am counting on fishing with you the last week of December. Also it sounds like some other guys might join us for a early season scouting trip.

John.

1hawghunter
    Grand Rapids, MN

That will be great. I am looking forward to it.

Ted Wedul
    holmen, wi

Quote:

Thanks Ted- Bring your filet knives. I look forward to meeting all of you guys. You are at Tamarak right?

John

Yep…I have a 3 bedroom cabin at Tamarak Can’t wait
    Ted

andyjcraig
    Iowa City, Iowa

John,

i’ll let you know on monday. guys are out of town. I am down for the duplex, yes.

thanks!!

broncosguy
    Blaine, MN

me and steamer are heading up. but you were looking into things for us. Wodnering if you heard anything?

thanks-
    Broncs

love2fish

As many of you know Jeff at Tamarack is full for the weekend of our GTG. I did talk to Pat at Northland Lodge (218)246-8531, and John at Pines Resort (218)246-8546. Both resorts have some space available for that weekend. However these spots will fill quickly. If you are planning to make it up please make your reservations soon. The rates at both of these resorts are the same as Jeff’s $40 per night per guy. Be sure you mention IDA when you make your reservations.

Thanks,

John

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Yo John! You didn’t mention these two resorts are within walking distance of Tamerak! Personally, I would rather wheeler over…Why use your feet when a piston does it so much better??

chappy
    Hastings, MN

Quote:

Yo John! You didn’t mention these two resorts are within walking distance of Tamerak! Personally, I would rather wheeler over…Why use your feet when a piston does it so much better??

Depends on how many trees you could run into on the way back over to the other resort!

love2fish

I have some good news and some bad news. First the good news. I was up and met with Jeff at Tamarack this past weekend. I paid the deposit on the condo. Jeff is ready for ua and is really looking forward to having us all up there for another spring fishing trip. He told me he should have his IDA taxidermy proudly on display for us. I also stopped at the Gosh Damn Place and spoke with Molly about a group dinner on Friday night. She agreed to save a portion of the bar for our group. We can figure out what we are going to eat when we get there.

Now for the bad news. “Circus Music” is no longer at The Gosh Damn Place. I believe her last night was the night I stopped in. For those of you on the trip last year I am sure you will all agree she will be missed Friday night.

John

Bob Schultz
    Wausau,Wi

Anything to report on the current conditions and bite?

1hawghunter
    Grand Rapids, MN

The fishing is great with lots of eyes and perch being caught. Perch are in shallower water with eyes deeper. Getting around is still a challange with sleds being the best way to go. You can get around with a wheeler but you better have a shovel with. High Banks has a road out about three miles but I expect they will be getting out farther with this cold weather we are having. Supposed to be WARM this weekend with snow (and possibly some rain) Sat, Sun and Monday. I think the rain will stay to the south of us though.

love2fish

Thanks for the report Arnie

John

fish_any_time
    Champlin, MN

So, what type (make, model, color)of jigs do I need to get together before we leave?

4lbs. test flouro. and untralight rods?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Scenic has an article in the Articles forum…I know the one picture was taken last year.

Go Devils …can’t recall the size ’cause they were under 3 ozes.

Viewing 30 posts - 91 through 120 (of 189 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.