UNOFFICIAL GTG at Tamarack Lodge

• matt_grow
    Albertville MN

Quote:

Matt- Nice to hear you are going Where in the heck have you been.

Underneathe my picture it reads “IDO ice pro staff”

So I’m a bit early in my return from the heat.

love2fish
    Shoreview, Grand Rapids, MN

OK i’ll give you that, and you are one hell of an ice pro if I do say so myself. Welcome back.

John

luke_haugland
    Iowa City, Iowa

actually under your picture it reads:
    Reged: 11/30/04
    Fish Bucks: $47.38
    Loc: Saint Cloud

But hey, downs up, ups down…they teach you that stuff in “extended college plan” right?

col._klink
    St Paul

Quote:

I am sure ColKlink will chime in but he called me today and thought it would be fun if everyone pitched in 5 bucks or whatever, and who ever caught the biggest crappie, he is offering to do a mount for that person. Think about it we have plenty of time for planning and side bets

John

Man with that new hunting forum I almost forgot about the fishing side of things

Ya I thought it would be cool for me being the new guy on this trip to offer a pool for the biggest panfish to get mounted.

If everyone tosses in like $5 one lucky fella could get a nice mount from that trip for only $5! I will toss in the $$$ but take myslef out of the drawing so you guys could have better odds. If you guys want to do that let me know. Thought it would be kinda fun!

I was also thinking that maybe one night we could have a wild game feed? Not sure how much work it would be and if there is any interest just food for thought.

Now we just sit here and wait

love2fish

John- Remember you are the new guy on the trip. No need to take yourself out of the contest. You probably won’t even be fishing near us. You think you are going to Winni. The rest of us will be on Green Lake in Chisago for any of you that don’t know what the Green Lake referenc is PM and I will fill you in. It’t a great story. I look forward to seeing all of you guys again this year.

John

col._klink
    St Paul

Ok I understand I dont even know where Winni is

But I fished Green Lake a ton of times. I know they have HUGE PERCH in there!!!

love2fish

Just talked to my dad at the cabin just north of Grand Rapids. Got really cold last night and the lake did completely freeze over. Of course not enough to walk on but if the wind stays away and the temps stay cold, it won’t be lnog and we will be ice fishin.

John

col._klink
    St Paul

Thank goodness for that. I hate to admitt it but I am getting really bored with hunting. Ducks end in a couple days and I am ready for ICE

gonfisn
    Bemidji, MN

I’m in for sure and probably bringing 3 or 4 others. What a great time last year!! So that brings Scenic’s group to 9-10!

Green Lake – here I come!!!

1hawghunter
    Grand Rapids, MN

Looks like I can make it this year. Any room available with anyone??

chappy
    Hastings, MN

Due to a family thing that weekend….I’m sorry to tell everyone this,But I will not be going on the trip! Not sure uow long my son will be playing hockey,and I wanna get in all the games I can! John…AKA(Loves2fish) will be taking over. If you have anymore questions…..Please contact him.

Hawg……You can take my place in the Duplex…..Get ahold of loves2fish. Have a blast!

col._klink
    St Paul

Quote:

I’m sorry to tell everyone this,But I will not be going on the trip!

What the duece!!!!!!

1hawghunter
    Grand Rapids, MN

Love2fish you have a pm.

love2fish

Got it Hawg. I’ll count you in. We will put you in the little bed that Chappy likes

John

love2fish

One more thing. On one of the nights Jeff the owner of Tamarak puts on a world class fish fry for all of us. That is if the Green Lake fish gods are good to us What do you guys think of having an organized dinner at the Gosh Damn Place the other night? For those of you who didn’t go last year, the music there is Quite festive and the food is very good as well. Let me know and I will make us a reservation.

John

chappy
    Hastings, MN

Quote:

One more thing. On one of the nights Jeff the owner of Tamarak puts on a world class fish fry for all of us. That is if the Green Lake fish gods are good to us What do you guys think of having an organized dinner at the Gosh Damn Place the other night? For those of you who didn’t go last year, the music there is Quite festive and the food is very good as well. Let me know and I will make us a reservation.

John

Scenary is rather qoustionable if I recall!!!!

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

Quote:

Quote:

John

Scenary is rather qoustionable if I recall!!!!

It should be much better this year as your not going to be there.

love2fish

Oh Slider, That’s tough! Are you heading up for the trip?

John

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

My other manager will be at LOW that weekend, I think, so that means that I work.

love2fish

Slider- What do you do? I could probably find someone to fill in for you so you can make the trip.

John

love2fish

For everyone going on this trip. Keep posted to this thread for an important announcement from Jeff at Scenic Tackle.

Also if anyone has any other ideas of other things we all might need to make this a great trip, let me know and I will be sure to get them done. Looks like with another crew of locals (my family) we might have 40 some guys, gals, and kids out there on the world famous Green Lake

Talk to all of you soon.

John

1hawghunter
    Grand Rapids, MN

Thanks for making room for me John. Now we need alot of COLD weather to freeze up these lakes. All this snow should put a damper on ice fishing. Lots of water on the ice.

Ted Wedul
    holmen, wi

Quote:

John

Sounds good to me We will be having 6 in my cabin and I would guess all would love to go to that also.

Are any people fishing Friday? I am heading up Thursday night and fishing Friday also. Just wondering… Can’t wait!!

Ted

broncosguy
    Blaine, MN

anyone have a spot for 2 guys? me and steamer are looking at heading up to this. PM if anyone has 2 openings.

thanks-
    Broncs

andyjcraig
    Iowa City, Iowa

I’m glad I am listed in the 12 man cabin. thanks, Chappy. It will be me and, hopefully, the same three Iowa boys from last year: Mike, Mike, and Trevor. I know Luke wants to go this year too so get him in here.

luke_haugland
    Iowa City, Iowa

I would like to go if I can get away from school and work- that is a busy time of year for me…It will be a last minute decision if I go-
    John don’t worry about finding me a spot-

1hawghunter
    Grand Rapids, MN

For those of you interested, the Gosh Dam Place will cook your fish and provide the side dishes for I think about $6.00. Alot of our clients do this instead of shore linches so they can fish all day and have a cocktail with their meal.

chappy
    Hastings, MN

Quote:

For those of you interested, the Gosh Dam Place will cook your fish and provide the side dishes for I think about $6.00. Alot of our clients do this instead of shore linches so they can fish all day and have a cocktail with their meal.

JEFF AT THE L ODGE DOES IT FOR NOTHING! AND DOES A FANTASTIC JOB!!!

1hawghunter
    Grand Rapids, MN

Chappy, didn’t mean to confuse things. Yes Jeff does a great job without question. I was referring to the post from Love2fish about the Gosh Dam Place.
    Arnie

chappy
    Hastings, MN

My bad…..

Viewing 30 posts - 61 through 90 (of 189 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.