UNOFFICIAL GTG at Tamarack Lodge

• scenic tackle
    Bemidji, MN

There will be at least 6 of us “locals” that will be there. Because we live up here we will just go home each night. This event was a blast last year and I am looking forward to it again.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Jeff, I think you need to park more toward the center of the group..and have a few more brats this year.

With the smell of them..I’m thinking you might not get too much fishing in.

scenic tackle
    Bemidji, MN

Yes that was a great day for a cook-out. There is just nothing better then brats grilling on the lake while ice fishing. For larger groups we do have a larger grill we can bring with if anyone wants us to and I will pick up a bunch of brats for this event.

I think I will bring sun screen along too if it is anything like last year. Man did I get burnt that day out there.

chappy
    Hastings, MN

Good Idea Jeff. Thanks!

Stillwaiting on Matt Grow to see if he can go………..

Ted Wedul
    holmen, wi

I just booked the last cabin at Tamarack… Just about missed out on all the fun again this year!!! Looking forward to meeting everyone from the site!! Bring on first ice…Ted

Ted Wedul
    holmen, wi

One question…vehicles are out at this time of year…correct? Have to borrow a wheeler from a friend if this is the case. Ted

scenic tackle
    Bemidji, MN

Well ummm last year a few of us drove out and did ok. Lets just say we made it off. BUT should we have? No way. We broke through coming off the lake and it was the last time they let anyone drive off after that. I think if it is like that again I will use a wheeler instead. I hate swimming in that cold water. Brrrrrrrrrrr.

Ted Wedul
    holmen, wi

A little too close for my comfort!!! Maybe a week or two earlier will play a part also. Either way…very excited to be making the trip this year.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Plan on wheelers or sleds.

Scenic? Have I thanked you lately for taking my two place trailer off the ice??

scenic tackle
    Bemidji, MN

No not lately. But thats ok..it was fun!!

chomps
    Sioux City IA

This get together is the same time frame which our crew has been going up there for the past 5 years and the ice has always been good for truck travel, we will see what global warming does. Looking at last years reports we went ahead and moved our trip back into March a few weeks, you guys tore into them, were you off the old river channel, or in the third flowage? Some great catching going on there, hope you can repeat, I have a good recommendation for a resort if you have 8-12 guys, not right on Winnie, but there is a road to get you there, and the cabins are by far the nicest we have found. PM me if you want info. Heck, I’m waiting to hear when the Mile Lacs outing is.

fish_any_time
    Champlin, MN

Quote:

I just booked the last cabin at Tamarack

So how large/many is the IDA group?

chappy
    Hastings, MN

As of right now I have 11 in the duplex. (Sleeps 12)
    Still waiting on Matt Grow……If someone see’s or talks to him in their travels to the boy’s section at Wall-mart,He’ll be the one trying on shirts ….Could you please ask him to get ahold of me?

Here’s who I have so far in the duplex..:
    Myself
    loves2fish
    Fish any time and 3 buddies
    Andy Craig and 3 buddies
    Surf and Turf

Derek Johnston and a buddy in another cabin

Scenic and his crew from up there.Not sure how many though.

bone mover just signed up in a cabin.

So I think we have @ 14 +.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Last year we stayed at Tamerack Lodge, but we fished Green Lake in Chisago County…or was it LOTW’s??

Quote:

Can’t catch panfish like that on Winni!

scenic tackle
    Bemidji, MN

Now I know why it took us so long to get home

love2fish
    Shoreview, Grand Rapids, MN

Listen closely and you can already hear the “Circus Music” from the gosh dam place. For those of you going that were not there last year, I will tell the story up there. I am looking forward to this trip again this year. Last year we hammered them on Green Lake Looks like we will have a big group heading up, that should keep Matt G busy drillin, if we can get him out of WalMart. Chappy, let me know if there is anything you need me to do.

John

chappy
    Hastings, MN

Get ahold of Grow!

Will do.

love2fish

Chappy- I think that John A.K.A. ColClink would like to make the trip with us. If we still have a spot in the big house, could we give it to him? If Matt chimes in and can make it, there ia a WalMart in Grand Rapids, I am sure he will feel at home in the boy’s dept. Actually, if we run into lodging issues, my new dads cabin is only 20 min’s away or so and I could arrange to put up guys there as well. Let me know, I don’t want to miss out on Matt’s expertise and dillagence.

John ( imagine this guy whistling the special music.)

chappy
    Hastings, MN

Sure..I’ll add him to the list. That makes 12 for the duplex. Derek Johnston might have room,but it’s a sober cabin. Bone Mover also has a cabin…Maybe he’ll have some room.

love2fish

Chap for right now let’t just find him a spot. His gal is due to deliver their first I think in December. He is going to need a weekend away at that point, unless his gal is expecting him to do the breast feading Just kidding. He would be a great guy to have on the trip.

John

Do you hear the “Music”?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Not only do I hear the music…I see the sight!

love2fish

BK- you are also going to miss the facial expresions, I remember pulling this deal last year and all you guys p***ing your pants. This year promises to be better. BK I wish (or hope) you can find a way to make it up. The service will always be better if you are there

john

chappy
    Hastings, MN

Quote:

Do you hear the “Music”?

I do hear it faintly……..

col._klink
    St Paul

Yep I talked with the other John (Love2Fish) and I am in

Got the pass for the weekend from the wife! I hope we catch some fish cause this might be the only weekend I get let out of the house

Thanks

chappy
    Hastings, MN

Cool!

tamarack
    Lake Winnibigoshish

Wow!!! Looks like we’re gonna have a big group this year.
    As of right now, our cabins are full for the GTG. I talked to my neighbors and they have some availability for the weekend. If you’re looking for lodging, check out their websites, and give them a call to make reservations. Both places are within walking distance to Tamarack Lodge via a path through the woods.

John or Doreen at Pines Resort
    Pat at Northland Lodge

Looking forward to another great time with you guys! Bring on the Ice!!!

Jeff

love2fish

Thanks Jeff- We are all looking forward to coming up again this year. We will do our best to fill the place up. With all these guys coming up you might need to double the order for oil for the fryer Let myself or Chappy know if there is anything we need to do for the GTG, we will make sure it gets done.

John

matt_grow
    Albertville MN

You bet men I plan on coming and Staying in the tamarack cabin.

Glad to hear all the guys are still pumped from last year. It will be just the same this year plus many more members coming up. I encourage everyone to come and I’m sure we’ll give Jeff’s Fryer a workout again @ the big fry.
    It was great to see all the people that showed up last year. I hope to see them and many more this year.

love2fish

Matt- Nice to hear you are going Where in the heck have you been. It does look like we will have quite the crew this year. If anyone is interested I will be heading up Thursday afternoon around 3:00 with John, aka ColKlink. My cabin is only 15 mins or so from Tamarak and if some guys wanted to get an early start on Fishing Friday morning I will be more than happy to put some guys up for no charge. PM me if you would like to do that. Back to the main topic good to hear from you again Matt, I look forward to learning more from you on this great trip this year.

John

love2fish

Chappy- Now that Matt has exited his local WalMart and responded. We need to make sure that John aka ColKlink will fit in the cabin or we will need to find room for him in one of the others.

I am sure ColKlink will chime in but he called me today and thought it would be fun if everyone pitched in 5 bucks or whatever, and who ever caught the biggest crappie, he is offering to do a mount for that person. Think about it we have plenty of time for planning and side bets

John

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 189 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.