Woman Lake for Ice Season

• jrcunning1

Anyone have any information they would like to share regarding ice fishing on Woman Lake? I checked the creel counts (and some other info via the DNR web site) and that looks fairly promising. Anyone have any lodging sugestions or homes/cabins for rent? 8-12 of us looking for some new water this year for our annual outing…Any help would be greatly appreciated……Thanks…Jim
    Ps. And yes Grow, it’s me again

mile832
    MN

I have fished Woman for years. Its a great lake for panfish, pike, and walleye. It can be a tricky lake to fish though as its big, the water is VERY clear and the fish can be spooky at times. There are several bays that have good fishing, Broadwater bay is one of them. If you stay mobile, you should have some good luck. Lake finder should have a decent map for you. We usually fish in the bays near weedlines, drop-offs or rock piles. Horseshoe island and Government point are some popluar spots. As far as resorts, there are a few. The only one I can recall is Woman Lake Lodge.

FYI *All northern pike 24″-36″ must be released. One over 36″ is allowed.

Good luck!

beave
    MPLS

I’ve got a place in the area about 8 miles from Woman on an excellent walleye lake. PM me if interested

beave
    MPLS

Jim, Ive sent 2 pm’s and they dont seem to be going thru???
    Shoot me a call 612-288-9993 or pm me with your #
    Steve

Char’s guide
    Hampton, Ia.

Beave
    I would be interested if you could send me information on the lake and rates. Thanks in advance
    Joe

Walleye Hungry

Reopening up a old thread as my search came up empty on targeting walleyes on Woman Lake. We have fished it a few times this summer with limited results and since the cabin is less than 20 min away, i would like to take a crack at it early ice (whenever that will happen, tick-tock). We mostly fished big bolder or rock transitions trolling but not really stationary jigging like you would do in the winter. My question would be would you hit those same big bolder spots or look for a smoother transition? Would it be better to hit weed edges in the bays instead. Having a hard time wrapping my head around this one…

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

It fishes very similar to Leech.

I’m still trying to figure out the ice thing myself so can’t help ya there. Fall fishing active fish were in that 6-10′, lots of marks in that 24-28′ that couldn’t be converted.

Personally I’d stay shallow, weeds,gravel, clam beds, the more on a spot the better.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.