New Jiffy Augers!!!

• MrBluegill

Jiffy introduces a new gear case for the Stealth augers. The new gear case will lighten the auger by about 2 pounds and increase the speed of the cutting. The new gear case will also allow a 10″ auger to be used on the 2hp motor with plenty of torque for cutting through the thickest of ice. Another addition to the new auger is how the auger is attached to the motor…Rather than the old bolt through the collar, there is a new sleeve that will slide on and turned to lock for easy removal of the shaft without any tools. I will get some photos up this week. The new transmission and gearcase has been tested for quite some time and will provide the same durability and dependability as all the other Jiffy models have done for the last 50 plus years.

I can’t wait for ice!

Troy

ferny
    Stillwater, MN

It’s about time they lightened them up!
    I finally sold my 3 HP since I was tired of lugging it around.
    It was way too heavy for portable use, this should really help!

Ferny

timmy

I have been cutting with a 10″ lazer turned by a 2hp Strikemaster since ’95. No problems yet. I can’t imagine having to lug that 3hp boat anchor around……

Tim

matt_grow
    Albertville MN

Quote:

I have been cutting with a 10″ lazer turned by a 2hp Strikemaster since ’95.

uff-da, that clutch from 95 must be crying

timmy

Quote:

Quote:

I have been cutting with a 10″ lazer turned by a 2hp Strikemaster since ’95.

uff-da, that clutch from 95 must be crying

It still cuts w/o a problem…..so I am afraid to take it apart to look at it! (the power head is a 92….and has never been touched…..just upgraded the auger bit from 7 to 10″ in 95……)

Tim

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.