rubber roof and interior panel

• centralmneyeguy
    Becker, MN

My brother and I are in the process of building a fish house and have intended on putting a rubber roof on it from the start of our project. I have never used one, but know a lot of people do. How long does the rubber typically last before having to be replaced? Also, does it tear easily? We are a little concerned about the corners and how to properly install it so it doesn\\\’t tear. Our plan is to put the rubber over the top of the siding and then put a piece of 1×4 over the top of it underneath the roof edge. We have built a couple other houses in the past and have had a serious issue with moisture on the walls on the inside. We have used panelling in our two previous houses and after the first year in each of them the walls were buckled, I believe because of the water issues. What do you guys use on the walls on the inside and how do you keep them from doing what I mentioned. Maybe we used the wrong type of panelling?? Anyways, we are both hoping that we won\\\’t have to do this again. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.