Sleeper ice house?

• ederd
    Northeast Iowa, Randalia

If you were renting a sleeper house for the first time this winter, and was fishing multi species, which lake would you go to in Minn.?

Ed

chomps
    Sioux City IA

there are not a whole lot of lakes in MN which have sleepers, Mille Lacs, Upper Red, Lake of the Woods, even Winni has one house I think. I know I’m missing a few but not that far off. You might want to think about Upper Red for a shot at just about everything, big crappie, nice perch, fast walleye action, and even that pike which will tangle up your lines in a hurry.

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

Upper Red lake without a doubt.

Chance of catching different species all throughout the day and night.

col._klink
    St Paul

Quote:

Upper Red lake without a doubt.

Chance of catching different species all throughout the day and night.

No doubt!

Tip ups for pike. Jig and a minnow for eyes, perch and crappies.

Stay with Russ and Judy on the ice. Thier houses are AWESOME! Come to think of it, I think they even are buying new houses this year.

bigpike

I’ve been to LOTW and Millelacs, Millelacs has big walleyes, thats what we targeted thats what we got, LOTW is a much further drive (something to consider in winter) and the multispecies was there at Zippel Bay, Perch, sauger, walleye, pike but from 5 years ago until the last year we went the fishing was progressively worse, but seeing how our first year was exceptionaly good fishing its tough to complain even about our last year there, it’s just that our expectations we so high, another thing is LOTW has virtually no night bite, Millelacs is a big fish night bite…..my 2 pennys worth..Good Luck!

ederd
    Northeast Iowa, Randalia

Thanks for all the replys!! I have some decisions to make now!!

Ed

Derek Hanson

You can not go wrong at Red Lake. I went up there 3 times last year and had a blast. I caught 100 walleyes a day there on average and that is no lie. Also caught some 13-15 inch crappies, jumbo perch up to 12 inches, and some nice northerns with the largest being a very fat 40 incher.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.