wisconsin ice

• IceJohn

I am looking for a place to ice some jumbo perch this winter.with in 3 hour drive of N.E.Iowa?Not the Miss.R.I got spots there.It will be a 3 day get away for wife and me.Thanks for any help.You dont have to give up hot spots just the lake name.John

rod-man
    Pine City, MN.

Mendota rocks

IceJohn

thanks Rod-Man anyone else fish in Wis.?John

Whiskerkev
    Madison

The Madison chain is the closest perch water to you. Mendota does rock, it can be a long walk to perch water and you need county sheriff approved floatation for sleds and wheelers for mendota and Monona. Waubesa also has good perch and crappie fishing from first ice to liquid water.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

You are leaving out the sleeper Whiskerkev

Whiskerkev
    Madison

Some things are better left unsaid for hawkeye fan.

bigpike

sounds like the liberal bias in Mad-town is even effecting the waterways, what kind of goofy law is that? I have never heard of such a silly thing before…..

Whiskerkev
    Madison

No doubt big pike. Common sense works up north… However, the big lakes on the madison chain sometimes they don’t freeze all year other years they only get marginal. You’ll see some dumb shite out there on 4 inches trying to use a machine. This last year I had a guy go through on Waubesa on his snowmobile almost took me in with him. I was on 3 inches barely. Ever hear someone scream when they thought they were goin to die? Lucky it was only 4 feet deep. The sheriff got tired of mounting expensive rescue opps for people too dumb to know what they were doing.

IceJohn

How about these lakes Blackhawk,cox hollow,andTwinvalley?I wouldnt want to fall in up at MADTOWN lakes.Just an IOWA packer fan!Any help on these lakes would help.Thanks agin.John

Whiskerkev
    Madison

Blackhawk is a great lake to ice fish. Nice big crappies in there. Haven’t fished the Governor Dodge lakes but they are probably pretty good too. The Madison chain is better than all of them. The sleeper he is talking about is probably Kegonza but I spend most of my time on Waubesa and Mendota.

IceJohn

Thanks for the help guys.I guess Blackhawk is the place we are going.Bring on the ice.John

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Quote:

The sleeper he is talking about is probably Kegonza

Yepper

Jason Sullivan
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Quote:

Thanks for the help guys.I guess Blackhawk is the place we are going.Bring on the ice.John

John, you may wanted to check out these cabins.

Cabins on Blackhawk

Sully

IceJohn

Jason,Thanks that is what we are looking for.It will be awesome weekend get away.Have ever ice fish there?Or anyone else?John

Derek Hanson

You guys are crazy talking about ice fishing right now. Get out there in the boat right now, the fish have been going nuts in all species, and the bite is only going to get better from now until ice up.

MrBluegill

Winnebago will be hot this year. Already we are catching great numbers of perch all over 9″ with a good number of 10″+ fish. For numbers along with some big fish, I think Baog will be one of the top lakes in the midwest this year.

Troy

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.