Few questions on reel weeds.

• Ted Wedul
    holmen, wi

Hi,
    I am looking to pick up some reel weeds for the next ice season…never can start planning too far in advance… Looking at fishing gills and crappies mostly. How many do people recommend you have on hand? How far apart should you place them? Is there a certain type that works better than others? Should I put one around my underwater camera also? How much do they cost roughly? Thanks for any feedback. Ted

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Ted, Dean at Everts has a couple left. Not sure on the price… email him at [email protected] .

To answer your questions, I would need to know what your fishing for. It does make a differance…also, check out http://www.reelweeds.com They have a ton of videos and a faq’s section.
    Happy to help here…just need more info.

scenic tackle
    Bemidji, MN

When using Reel Weeds I like to use 5-10 to give the appearance of a large weed cluster and to steer fish to my location. If you watch the natural vegetation growth you will notice that it grows in clusters and very seldom with just one plant. Fish have two means of life. Eat and not be eaten. Vegetation provides both of these items. I normally surround my shack with these placed about 2’ apart or less.

As for using them on your camera you can simply buy a single Camera Cable Structure that comes complete with the clips to fasten it to your camera cable.

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

I use 5. I think it makes a difference. Experiment with placement. Just make sure to keep them spread out and away from your line in deep water.

Ted Wedul
    holmen, wi

Thanks guys. That will get me started. Ted

danno
    Central MN

I got the 5-pack and it seems to be a good number to start with. I have six holes in my fish house so it’s nice to use them for the extra holes when I’m by myself. A few tangles once in a while but I feel they work.

Ted Wedul
    holmen, wi

Thanks Danno. Can’t wait to try them out this winter. Ted

big_g
    Isle, MN

I actually will put one down and it brings em in too.

big g

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.