lil’ cecil fishing lures

• mcollins

Last weekend I Up in Chetek I talk to a guy, who was using
    a lure , He call a Lil’ mick. It look like a Lil” cecil Lure. Are these the same lure.

birdman
    Lancaster, WI

They’re pretty much the same lure. A distributor of the lures buys them in bulk and repackages them under the Little Mic name.

mcollins

THanks Birdman for the answer. Do these work for both crappie and bluegills. The guy I seen using them was catching all crappies. Do these work better with bait on them or no bait. Do these work in the summer time. Is
    there any certain way to work these lures when ice fishing.

birdman
    Lancaster, WI

They do work for both crappie and bluegill although they really shine as a crappie lure. Personally myself, I almost never use bait while fishing it (especially for crappies) but there are others that tip it with a spike or waxworm. There are times when bait is needed for finishing off bluegills that aren’t aggessive enough to inhale the lure by itself. I’ve never tried fishing it in the summer although I see no reason why it wouldn’t work in the summer.

I usually fish a Mic or Cecil by slowly working the water column from just under the ice too the bottom until you get a feel where the fish are located.(of course if you have a vexilar it makes the location part easier) I jig the lure so the little flipper barely flips out while slowly lowering it. Sometimes the fish like a more aggresive jigging action too. LIke any other ice fishing jig you have to pay attention to what they like that day and adjust your jigging action accordingly.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

you da man Birdman !!

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

Thanks Birdman, for the review on the lil cecils. I passed over the lil cecils yesterday at the sportshow and went with the mini merts. Now I am forced to get over to the BFishN booth this afternoon and get some of these little guys.

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

I looked at them a little closer on the website, and they might be worth a try underneath a bobber out on Mille Lacs this summer. I would probably swap out the treble hook for a single, and then let her flutter around on a windy day.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

The Lil Cecil put some nice perch on the ice for me this year tipped with a minnow head. I have also used them during open water on crappies straight over the side of the boat in brush piles with good results.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.