The end is near!!

• earnit

Ice fishing is about to come to an end! It’s going to finish in a hurry.

Time to reflect on this years ice adventures.

Made a trip to Mille Lacs…..first time ever. Would love to go back and try it again. Didn’t have the best of luck while up there, but I still got some fish! It’s a bit intimidating, but I’d do it again.

Found some new water this year to fish thanks to Cade! I had a blast up there in your area! Thanks so much! That deep water provided some great action! Your a good kid, with a great head on your shoulders! Keep it up! Best of luck to you during the open water season!

It was a strang winter. Good early ice, with some great action. only to have it all melt away in January……and when it came back, the action was pretty spotty!

Took a half day of work off on Friday and fished in the rain ’till dark……had pretty good luck. Fished all day Saturday and still iced some fish, nothing like Friday….but it was nice coming home with a sun-burned face! I cleaned 30 fish from the weekend…..probably my last fish through the ice that I’ll bring home this year.

I snuck out today and fished a bit wearing blue jeans and a sweater……I think today was it for me. Iced a few fish, and gave’m to a buddy of mine.

I had a blast this winter. Already looking forward to the next ice fishing season!

This site is a great resource, and I love reading what y’all have to say. I don’t post too much, but I do lurk a lot!

Why not reply to this post and share some of your highs and lows from your ice fishing outings this year???? Just a thought?

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

Thanks Jay, It was a pleasure meeting you and fishing with you and Pete. I was just pumped that you guys were able to get into some fish there. It was a tough call because it had been spotty for so long, but You guys definitely had it dialed in!

As for the ice season, I still feel I need to go out with a bang!! It has been very tough for me. I haven’t actually had anything to report since mid February! and that was with You Jay!
    The early ice out really put a whack on things. It got real good immidiately after it stiffened back up, but it only took about a week before the fish became tight lipped again I have had some pretty good days, but overall, it has been a rough year for me..I am still looking forward to a late Ice gill fest while hole hopping in goose island. I wouldn’t mind hooking up with a few northern’s on tip ups either. That area just doesn’t seem to pick up until we only have about 5-8″ of ice left

Well hope everyone has a good ice out.

Cade

jeff_jensen
    cassville ,wis

A strange season to say the least,good ice-good bite,no ice then ice again. Things got tough the second half of the season for sure. Kept chasing fish that you could see with the camera and flashers but never got em going. Since this huge school of fish was so close to deep, moving water I wonder if their oxygen levels and food supply were so abundant that they wouldn’t cooperate. One always wonders Still had some good days with plenty to eat for the season and am yet looking forward to the hard water season to go out with a bang. The warm march sun and the flocks of waterfowl overhead is the signal for spring that makes for some great ice-out days.

ozzyky
    On water

The END better hold off for a few more weeks. I have a shack that I need to get off yet. I haven’t been able to get up to where it is at lately and I have to wait until Wed.(have until the 15th to get it off) As of Sat. there was still 20 + inches of ice but I’m worried about the shoreline more than anything.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.