Derrick J came to fish

• palisade1kid

Tough day ,but upsizing was key.

Here some video and picks from BSL on Sat.

The tullies are starting to bite.Here’s Dean with a 3 lb fish.

Grant & a couple slabs.

A hoard of crappies.

We had a great day as the sun had the temp up to 44 by the time we left.

larry_haugh
    MN

looks like some good pics. and sounds like a great time. Unable to access the photo bucket videos. Its directing me directly to the home page?
    thanks for sharing.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Looks like you were able to show Derek a good time on the ice.

palisade1kid

If you link out to photos on photobucket be sure that they are no wider than 450 pixels or you will stretch the page here on the site.

Using the photo upload system here on the site is FAR easier and quicker than using photobucket or other photo hosting sites once you get the file sizing figured out. The other nice thing about uploading photos to the IDA server is that they’ll always be part of the post you added them to. If you browse old threads you’ll find nearly all photos added using a hosting site are missing… so the posts are loaded with all those red “X’s” indicating a missing file.

Good fishin’,

In-Depth Webstaff

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Looks like you were able to show Derek a good time on the ice.

I hope crappiekieth let you catch a few, Derek.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Anyone ever try a Genz worm and waxies up there? I heard they are pretty hot!

TeamHardwater
    White Bear Lake, MN

Hi Keith,
    Impressive slabs for such a soft bite last weekend. Maybe the late moon/time change or the big jump in temp/pressure.

PS How do you watch the video? It’s looks like you had a good time with Derrick J. He always comes to fish.

Make fishing fun.

palisade1kid

Quote:

Anyone ever try a Genz worm and waxies up there? I heard they are pretty hot!

the Vexilar boyz had them & did all right.
    Thing was the bite got tough around noon.

Derrick is a guy that knows his business of fishing for sure.
    I enjoyed his company,but we were both busy trying to find some mule to talk much.
    We each had a buddy with that talked alot to each other.
    They got to be friends I think.
    My bud Rick had his 10 before we even got there on a no meat presentation.
    Flathead got a nice mule,almost 14″.
    I think DJ saw what a great fishery it was though & I think he’ll come back.
    I had a tough day between jig sales & bs with every other guy that knew me.By the time I settled down to fish it was getting tough.
    It was a bit early out there.
    By this weekend it should be in full swing.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Quote:

I had a tough day between jig sales & bs with every other guy that knew me.By the time I settled down to fish it was getting tough.

Sounds like you are fishing in the middle of a community hole. Did anyone try moving away from the crowd or look for other structure (assuming you are fishing structure)? I have found this to be important around here when the bite starts to slow down.

palisade1kid

When there is a lot of guys out there,I try to get on the outskirts of the pack.There is some structure I’m trying to hold too.There are other holes that I should have went to ,but I had at least 10 in the party so I needed a big area.
    The pressure was high too ,which is why we did not see the numbers nor the size that is normally caught.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.