Dogfish in the winter

• outdoors4life
    Stillwater, MN

Castandblast sent me this video of dogfish that he had found with his underwater camera. I just thought it was neat and I would share it with you guys. I think there are three of them total and look at all the dead shad on the bottom. I don’t think you could catch them easily. Dog days of winter!

adloos
    Winona, MN

awesome clip. thanks.

dan-larson
    Cedar, Min-E-So-Ta

Cool footage, no tell tale spot on the tail though. Must be a summer thing.

Dogfish… The “other” use for a Phillips Screwdriver in my boat!

hoistafish1
    Long Prairie,MN

i’ve caught a few thru the ice while fishing northerns on tip-ups. Man can they fight! Just when ya think you have a nice northern, up thru the hole pops this ugly thing.

yellowjacket
    Byron, MN

Pretty sure that isn’t ice fishing, camera is bobbing around too much, but a cool video nonetheless….

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

That is interesting. Come to think of it, I don’t think I have ever caught a dogfish thru the ice. I’m pretty sure thats ice fishing, I think I saw the top of the ice at the very beginning. if you don’t have a tripod or camera compass, It can be very hard to keep the camera stable

outdoors4life
    Stillwater, MN

The video was shot 2-16-07. My buddy was holding the camera cable and turning it that is why it is bobbing. My buddy and I enjoy going after odd fish. Just this year we have done whitefish and tulibee that was Jan and Feb another 10 months maybe 10 more new fish to us.

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

How Ironic..Just when this topic is fresh on my mind, I go out on the ice today and it wasn’t long before a big old dogfish swims right by on camera!! First time I’ve ever seen one swimming in the winter, or on my camera..

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.