Late Ice-Central Iowa

• STXNSTONES
    Central Iowa

Fished a for a short while yesterday afternoon and found a few nice fish. Caught some nice bluegills and a few slab crappies. Pictured is the biggest at 14+ inches.

I’m bailing out of the office tommorrow at noon to watch the Hawkeyes in the big ten tournament and then to Lake Aquabi to try to find some big gills.

The ice is still really good, but with talk of it being in the 60’s next week and all the snow melt were going to have, I’m going to start getting the ol Lund ready for a Red Wing Run.

STXNSTONES
    Central Iowa

Just a picture of the biggest.

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

Thats a nice white crappie!!!

erick
    Grand Meadow, MN

Watch the Hawks!?!?!?!?! Watch hockey its better and NICE SLAB TOO

fish-them-all
    Oakdale, MN

Nice slab. Thanks for the report on ice conditions. I’m heading south this weekend and may be going to Belvadeer or one of the area lakes.

Go Hawks, maybe Haluska will score 40 points in one of the Big Ten Tourney Games.

fishman1
    Dubuque, Iowa

Nice slabs. I think Haluska is due for one of his 40+ games. He hasn’t had the hot hand in the past couple games so he is due for a big one. The Hawks have faired well in the Big 10 tourney since it’s inception. They won the thing last year for the 2nd time. This year will be different. I can see them winning one or two tournament games. Ohio State and Wisconsin are just that much better than the rest of the conference this year. I look for them to play for the championship. Actually we could very well see both Wisconsin and Ohio State in the NCAA final 4 this year. Both teams are that good.

Eyehunter

oldbear
    State Center, Iowa

Very nice Crappie. Fished all week trying to get the last of the good ice. As of yesterday it was 14″ on a small farm pond I was on all week. This rain now and the temps for the next week I’m sure will put the end to it soon. Hope next year we can have good ice a lot sooner and stay all winter.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.