Long Lake North of Rice Lake Wi

• Craig Matter
    Hager City,Wi

Other wise wondering how Long Lake is doing. Anybody have a report. I’ve fished the south east side in the past and have done OK just wondering if any body’s catching any.
    Thanks Whatsa

joeyno5
    Rochester MN.

I had a friend who fished it about 2 weeks ago, he got 1 giant perch and 1 huge crappie. Only 2 hits all day, that lake has alot of structure. I think if a guy got to really know it you could do well. Personally I would hit Red Cedar.

eyebuster
    Duluth

Have a friend in Birchwood and he will not fish it in the winter because of the structure. Those fish could be in many places and you could fish for weeks before you find them.

bigpike

A friend of mine fished the Narrows last week, in the evening huge schools of crappies came in, nothing huge though just decent eater size, last ice up at the narrows will be top notch.

Craig Matter
    Hager City,Wi

Thanks Guys I opted to stay close to home…..picked up some real nice eaters on Sunday. I’d guess we caught near 200 panfish between the two of us today. Most in the 7.5 -8.5 inch range. We kept 30 for the two of us to have a fresh fish fry. 11 fow held the Rat Finkies and little Cecil’s about 12 inches off the bottom. We fished from 8:30 until 3:30 with 1pm -3pm being the best. We could get the jig back down about 7 foot on the finders and you would see them streak up off the bottom and smack it. Wish I would have taken the kids but with all the water and slush I figured they would be cold and wet in no time so I left them at home…..maybe it will be a little colder next week???
    First picture is a friend Aaron with one of the many panfish of the day. Whatsa

Craig Matter
    Hager City,Wi

Our fish for the frying pan.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.