Clam 6800 or 1060?

• Matt Hall
    Mount Horeb, WI

I’m running out of room in my 2-man portable. I’d like to upgrade to something that can handle 3-4 people. I’m thinking a Clam 6800 or 1060 would probably meet my needs. Sooooo what I need from you is your opinions on both shacks, what do you love and hate about these two models?

Thanks!

Matt

ggoody
    Mpls MN

4 is going to be real tough in either house, 3 with gear was cramped in my old 6800.
    Have not fished out of 1060 yet not sure about the design in that one.

Matt Hall
    Mount Horeb, WI

3 is the more likely situation. The thing I like about the 1060 is the partial floor, it seems like it would be easier to situate on rough ice, compared to the full floor of the 6800.

yellowjacket
    Byron, MN

Just got a 1060 this year and love it…a pain to set up in the wind, but once you get the hang of it, goes up fine. Have fished 2 adults and a child, could fish 4 somewhat comfortably with limited space available for goodies….probably a heater a tackle bag, vex and camera….with 1 hole per person,and holes for the vex and camera

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Matt, I’ll try and get specifics for you, but my buddy in SD sold his 1060 after one season and went to the voyager. I remember he said setup in the SD wind was virtually impossible. I don’t recall what other “issues” he had with it.

There was a 1060 in the classifieds here a week or so ago. I was thinking of making an offer until I talked with Jeff.

Not saying it won’t work for you, it just didn’t work well in the winds of SD.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.