Best lures for plastics

• jphersh22
    SE Iowa

I have not had much luck with the plastic finesse tails. I see several of you have been having good luck. What kind of lures work best tipped with the plastic?

jeff_jensen
    cassville ,wis

Assuming you are talking about ice jigs,I like using them on horizontal jigs. Mini Merts are a good choice to start with. Some days the fish respond other days it’s live bait. Finnesse tails will work on just about any ice jig,just a matter of size, color etc.Dont give up on em

Whiskerkev
    Madison

They work good on jigging spoons too.

phishirman
    Madison, WI

red and purple plastics have been great colors for me over the last couple of years. If you aren’t getting bit on the alone, try tipping your jig with a single spike on top of the plastic. I have experimented with both horizontal and vertical and it seems I can get more of a quivering action using a vertical jig such as a moon glow and a more sutle swimming action using a rat finkie. just keep trying different stuff until you can figure em out

STXNSTONES
    Central Iowa

My goto jig has been the Marmuska for many years. I really like the wedgies or nuggies on the Marmuska head. The thing I have found to be the most important when fishing the horizontal jig with plastic is that it is really important to keep the presentation as close to perfectly horizontal as possible. You may have to rethread plastic and push knots around, but to me it makes a huge difference.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.