Tough conditions and tough bite

• amwatson
    Holmen,WI

With all the snow we received, and it is snowing again right now, getting around on the ice in the LaCrosse area is very tough. It is evident just by driving around and checking the normal areas and they are all but deserted.
    We fished a little today on Lake Onalaska and found the fish very tight lipped and very few fish marked. Seems the weather has shut them down as well. I expect alot of the weeds to really die off now with no sunlight and oxygen levels to drop off dramatically. But, if it continues to be warm, this snow will melt and add run-off to the lakes and rivers and hopefully get things heated back up for late ice.
    ANybody else having any luck out there?

bmils83
    La Crosse, WI

hey wats… I’ve been out the past 5 days and I’ve had the same luck. Marking lots of fish and catching a few however there is no size. Hopefully tomorrow will be better

mikehd
    Dousman, WI

Hey Wats Neutron (steve) and I tried our favorite pool 8 backwater tonight after work with the same results. First of all it’s a tough pull through the new snow to get out there We moved many times from 18 fow to 13′ and probably should have moved 1 more time but ran out of time and energy. That was the least amount of fish we marked in there all season and the few we did were tight lipped as well. Did catch some dink crappies. Had some nice followups in the deep water but no takers. Oh well that’s fishing – here comes round 2 of our winter storms. Safe travel everyone.

BassBull1
    Prairie du Chien,WI

HI Guys Seems like down on the Ambroes area we have a good bite going . But right now depth isn’t that important as in most of the fish are just under the ice. Good luck Steve

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Going shallow may be the key right now. The shallowest I have been has been 8 feet lately. Might have to try some shallow backwater areas sometime this weekend

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.