keeper size fish

• stewart

this is my first post here on ida. ive been reading alot of the posts, and it amazes me what people think of as a “slab”. when i was younger, we could go out and catch plenty of crappies over 12 and 13 inches. the biggest one ive caught was a 17″ 2 lb, 9oz. that was 13 years ago on lake onalaska through the ice. recently ive noticed that the avg. size of fish has been going down. im wondering how people think that by keeping the little fish (8 and 9 inchers) that they ever expect to catch something decent?
    im not naming names but a certian young ida member posts alot of pictures of “11” slabs. i don’t doubt that he catches some nice fish, but from alot of the pictures i see, those fish look pretty small. we still catch plenty of crappies over 13″ every year, but we have to walk alot farther than most people would ever think. i’m one of those guys that was brought up to be extremely tight lipped when it comes to fishing spots. the guys on this site share spots with others, and thats fine. but i just hope certian ida members never find where i fish. there i’m done rambleing. good fishing.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

this is my first post here on ida.

Are you sure? Are you being honest with all the good people here?

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Actually, Stewart (AKA Johny Utah) you’re quite the little liar.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

To come on here and think that we’re so stupid as to not catch you doing what you’re doing… which is basically talking to yourself while trying to give the impression that you are multiple people with the same gripe… is flatly dishonest.

You, sir, have issues.

newt
    Pillager, MN

Well done detective.

col._klink
    St Paul

Stewart AKA “Johnny Utah” you just got busted by the man……………..

rkd-jim
    Fountain City, WI.

Quote:

Actually, Stewart (AKA Johny Utah) you’re quite the little liar.

GOTCHA!!!

ryana24
    Harmony, MN

BUSTED………..Great Job James, this website way to good of a group of guys to have that around here. Thanks James

dan-larson
    Cedar, Min-E-So-Ta

I think Mr. Johny stewart Utah, it is time for you to just go away. Isn’t someone missing you on the playground right now…

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

OUCH!!!!!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I needed to give him long enough to hang himself. He was actually posting under 3 different accounts. His “this is my first post here on IDA” was the perfect opening.

col._klink
    St Paul

Here comes the

WHAMBULANCE AGIAN

WAAAAAAAAAAAA WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

woody-1961
    Menomonie,Wi

WHAT AN IDIOT

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Now that’s going to leave a mark.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Nice…..now maybe he can direct his frustrations towards IBM and Microsoft. I’m sure his computer and keyboard can be blamed for his poor grammar and spelling errors…

jeff_jensen
    cassville ,wis

Thanks for cleaning that up for us James Hope he stays off mommies computer from now on!

Todd_NE

Quote:

this is my first post here on ida. ive been reading alot of the posts, and it amazes me what people think of as a “slab”. when i was younger, we could go out and catch plenty of crappies over 12 and 13 inches. the biggest one ive caught was a 17″ 2 lb, 9oz. that was 13 years ago on lake onalaska through the ice. recently ive noticed that the avg. size of fish has been going down. im wondering how people think that by keeping the little fish (8 and 9 inchers) that they ever expect to catch something decent?
    im not naming names but a certian young ida member posts alot of pictures of “11” slabs. i don’t doubt that he catches some nice fish, but from alot of the pictures i see, those fish look pretty small. we still catch plenty of crappies over 13″ every year, but we have to walk alot farther than most people would ever think. i’m one of those guys that was brought up to be extremely tight lipped when it comes to fishing spots. the guys on this site share spots with others, and thats fine. but i just hope certian ida members never find where i fish. there i’m done rambleing. good fishing.

Many people remember the “good ol’ days” when, in fact, they weren’t that great or even worse than now.

By the way, I have caught crappie (plural, not singular) over 18″ so if it’s a “who’s bigger” contest I’m willing if you are. That by the way doesn’t make me special, just someone who used to fish Kirwin in Kansas during the heyday.

Lots of people like solitude and peace when they fish, you sound like this type of person. I myself am that way at times, I love going up to Ontario or somewhere and disappearing a few times a year – literally. I respect you for that. But at the same time the person on an island doesn’t learn new techniques, find new equipment or make new friends. For most there is a balance.

I’ve been where you are and seen my frustration grow with certain aspects of the Internet. At least on this site we ask people to register and be respectful.

I hope you choose a name and stick with it and become a part of the “IDA Family”. The people I’ve met from here like Wade, Luke, Mike, and Brian are generous and kind to a fault. I know I myself love to help other anglers do better and be more successful whether that’s advice on how to fish or where to go. That really is part of our mission here.

I doubt that hardly anyone here hasn’t posted under various aliases on some website at some time so I really don’t hold that against you as much as some others have said.

Whatever you decide, know that this site isn’t the cause of any of your problems. But it could be the source of new friends and knowledge.

dead-weight
    prescot wi

some people just dont get it

chomps
    Sioux City IA

James, that was cool! “My name is Bond, James Bond”

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Todd I almost agree with your post entirly…

I know he’ll be welcome back with open arms…once he grows up a bit.

He might want to change his display name though.

SLACK
    HASTINGS, MN

wow! this technolagy stuff is really scary so i might as well come clean right now before i get busted. i’m not really who i say i am, i’m only who i really am

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Slack, by what you are doing for the Brandon Rolen Foundation…I don’t care how many personalities you have!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Guys… this thread was started under false pretenses and nothing we add from here on really gets us anywhere. I’m going to lock these up and we can get back to talking fishing.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.