Quick La Crosse Area Report

• bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Thursday night I thought I found a honey hole, after one and almost a half tins (waxies) later I had 9 nice gills and released a lot of watch fobs within 2hrs Not bad for running to a spot after work. I also kept 4 not so big crappies due to the fact they were inhaling a Purple Lil Cecil to the gills
    After one fun night why not go for 2 in a row Mike C joined me and we set up in the same spot. We are fishing submerged wood in 11fow. With a stiff 200mph wind (it felt that way) I believe my trap was gaining lift The fish were still around showing up on the MarCum’s with only some small ones biting on the light side. The wind was of no help Mike C even caught a couple very short eyes just before dark. It was a tough bite but a good night sippin’ suds with a friend and holding down the tent

See what tomorrow brings. Good luck on the ice if you get out this weekend

Bret

jld
    Holmen

Good to hear Bret that the fish are still active. I mentioned going out his afternoon to my wife and she thinks I am flippin’ nuts To me there is nothing better than sitting in your shack in a driving snow storm catching fish. Bring it on Mother Nature.

mccrty_ryn
    Holmen, WI

I tried that this morning. Mother nature won the battle.

jld
    Holmen

Slipped out for a couple hours this afternoon between shoveling sessions. I decided to stay close to home so I headed to Lake Onalaska. Fishing was slooooowwww. I had a few perch and ‘gills on camera but nothing was remotely interested in biting. Hopefully it was just the weather; very windy out there.

neshonoc
    Wisconsin

That sounds a lot like the day out todya. Great to hear you cuaght some Brett.

Luke

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.