Hole layout in yukon size flip overs, gear storage

• fearnofish82
    Warroad/LOTW

I have a Fish Trap Yukon, and i am just wondering how everyone lays the holes out. If im alone its no problem, but with another person we usally ending up just putting two fishable holes in the house plus one camera hole between my legs and then tipups. One hole fished hard is sometimes better than two, but sometimes two is better than one.

Plus any gear transportation, storage tips would be apprecitated. For example i fit my FL-12 and Scout 2 camera in one frabill 6 gallon bucket and use Ready-rig rod/tipup storage cases.

Im sure everyone has good systems and ideas, this hopefully should be a good, informative post, thanks!!

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

I drill one in front of each person then another on top of those two next to the door. The holes next to the door are usually set line holes.

Theres a company out of Maple Grove that makes a storage system for portables. Forgot the name, maybe someone can post a link?

birddog
    Mn.

I do one in front of each guy and one in each front corner, kind of a V. I also use the 2 in the corners for set lines.

BIRDDOG

ScottPugh
    Rogers / Grand Rapids

Quote:

Theres a company out of Maple Grove that makes a storage system for portables. Forgot the name, maybe someone can post a link?

Ice House Organizers (www.icehouseorganizer.com). They are family friends. Good guys. Tell them Scott Pugh said hi…

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

Thanks Scott. Have you used them before? Can they take a good beating?

ScottPugh
    Rogers / Grand Rapids

Quote:

Thanks Scott. Have you used them before? Can they take a good beating?

I have not used them but I have been on one of the owners trip they made on a 20+ mile trips to the NW Angle by sled. Before the organizer everything got busted / tangled up. Now everything stays organized. They are always at the ice show in St. Paul. I believe they tested them in a deep freezer down to 40 below or something trying to hit them with a hammer, and they turn out just fine. Great product that will be going in my next house, sure beats the plywood one I have now.

fishinallday
    Montrose Mn

Quote:

I do one in front of each guy and one in each front corner, kind of a V. I also use the 2 in the corners for set lines.

BIRDDOG

This system works in my fish trap guide as well.

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

I set it up the same way as Derek. One in front of each guy and two in the corners. When I use the camera I drill another hole between the two seats very close to the sled. I then put the camera in the down viewing position and put the monitor on a 5 gallon bucket. We can usually see both lines on the camera. I don’t use the big tray/rod holder that comes with the Yukon, but I do carry the small one. I keep all my rods and tackle in a JRs tackle bag. I also put fragile and small things in the pouch under the seat. Two five gallon buckets fit nice between the seats. Usually minnows in one and flasher in the other. Throw a cover over the top and we are ready to go.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.