drilling weed holes

• dallgood
    Savage,MN

Just curious for those that use real weeds how you position your holes. how far from the hole your fishing from,how many do you use, do you fish on one side if you use more than one or in between.
    I think I was too close tonight and was picking up interference on my flasher.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

This sounds like an ad for Marcum, but the LX-5 has a narrow beam transducer that eliminates that problem for me. Depth you are fishing impacts picking them up on your flasher or not as well. It seems like 10 FOW or less, you can have the weeds pretty close. Deeper than that you will want to get them outside of your shack, or keep moving them out until you do not see them anymore. I am fishing 30 FOW right now, and have two INSIDE my shack. If I just turn on my LX-5, I see the weeds. If I push the NBT button for “Narrow Beam Transducer” I just see my bait. Perfect.

jeff_jensen
    cassville ,wis

Lost a big fish last week because I had a weed a little to close and it got wrapped around. New to the game but it’s been interesting to say the least.I have been placing them in a circle around my two hole(one hole for the lx5 as I was tired of wrapping up in the transducer with every fish)and from what I have seen they have held fish every time. Many times I would hunt outside the circle and watch fish come and go but when going back to the weeds I found the fish were constant,not always cooperative but always there. Going to start experimenting with different patterns,Ts,Xs,things like that. As far as picking them up on the flasher that has not been a factor as the narrow beam on the lx takes care of that. I think weeds are alot like many of the devices we use out there in that in some situations you know there are going to be effective but in all cases ,as the old man always said “they don’t hurt”. Right now I have nine weeds but as soon as the wife finds out she’s short 50ft. of that good christmas garland and buys more then I,ll have about 20

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.