Marcum Cust Supt!

• UncleGrump
    Dodge County MN

Early last winter I purchased a Marcum LX3. When I returned home from fishing on 2/11, I plugged the charger in to the DCS (Digital Charge System), expecting the DCS to tell me via its display that battery charging was in progress. Zero-zip-nada. Nothing was happening.

Closer inspection of the DCS showed a break in the insulation on the wires for the charger port, and that the bare wires were wrapped around each other. I emailed Marcum Customer Service on Mon (2/12), telling them of the problem, and asking for a estimate as to the cost of repair/replacement.

I received a prompt reply from Marcum, telling me the repairs would be covered under warranty and a RMA#. Sent the charger and DCS in on Weds (2/14). The replacement parts were delivered yesterday (2/20). This time frame included the weekend and Presidents Day.

Thanks Marcum!

UG

catillac

I have to agree. I bought a reconditioned VS460 camera. After a couple great outtings it wouldn’t turn on. I sent it in and received a new one near as I can tell. Also a new charger.

phishirman
    Madison, WI

Cat, Where did you get a reconditioned 460?

millelacsjumbos
    Minnesota

I love MarCum. BUT, I sent in my 560 camera two weeks ago tomorrow and have still not got it back. Sounds like you got lucky, or I was just unlucky.

muskybuck
    Coon Rapids, MN

I had tons of problems with the tiny wires breaking and pulling off the digital read out. After I took the digital read out display off and threw it in a drawer and wired it direct I have not had a problem.

scottsteil
    Central MN

Quote:

I love MarCum. BUT, I sent in my 560 camera two weeks ago tomorrow and have still not got it back. Sounds like you got lucky, or I was just unlucky

You may want to follow up on that, service is not backed up so your unit should have been back already. Shoot me a PM if you don’t get it today.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.