Awfully Quiet…Speak Up!

• kornking
    Mount Vernon, Iowa

Now, I know its been warm the last few days, but last Friday, I bottomed out my auger (the spirally part-not the whole thing!) at MacBride, it was easily well over 15″ where I was. The ice will be around for awhile, on the lakes and ponds anyway.

I know some of y’all have been out ice fishing while the rest of us slave away in dimly lit offices and work release programs.

So, has anyone been catching any fish? Did you guys fish out the Wapsi?

I’m gonna have to get my fishing info from other sites, if this keeps up!

I got out a fair bit this weekend. I spent part of Friday at the West Rochester Sandpit in Cedar county and got skunked pretty bad. From there, I fished a pit I had permission to fish on Saturday evening-got a few ‘gills and ‘specks-and then over at Central Park in Jones county on Sunday evening; where my son and I got into some nicer ‘gills in the 1/2 hour sweet spot just b4 sunset. Gills seemed to like a pink and white #10 rat Finkee tipped with a wax worm. So there, you know what I know…maybe someone else will pipe in on what they’ve been up to…

Joe

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

Palo has bluegills, and some pretty good sized ones too, if you can get them to bite. We caught a few during the wee hours on Saturday, but once the sun was high (about 8:30) nothing from then on.

Lots of fish on the flasher, but no takers. Would’ve been faster to just dump the tackle box down the hole all at once rather than do the one-at-a-time thing.

Other than that, all work and no play makes Gianni a dull boy.

luke_haugland
    Iowa City, Iowa

KK-

I haven’t been to the wapsi in a while! The fish were getting so picky..I left them and their pickiness.
    I am going to be on Macbride tomorrow- hoping to find some walleyes!! Wish me luck!!

herb
    6ft under

For the next two to three weeks you better go when you can guys. I have a feeling this is “last ice”. The best ice for fishing. They are on the feed bag. Even 15″ ice won’t last long in Iowa with the rain coming and the power that the sun has now.
    With all the melting happening now, look for places where runoff is entering the lake. That’s where the fish will be.

superdave
    NE IA

I want to get in the boat! Herb, are the ramps open down your way?

herb
    6ft under

Haven’t been to Muscatine so I can’t say on that one. A friend from Wapello has been working on Toolsboro ramp. He has it opened and the ice moved a ways but still closed heading to the dam. He thought it should be moved out in a day or two. Still locked up near New Boston and the Iowa is going to shove a bunch of ice out any day also so the guys from Ill. might have to wait a bit yet.The road going to Toolsboro ramp is still a sloppy mess and the spillway construction isn’t done causing delays in getting there.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.