Decent fish at Long walk 2/19

• rkd-jim
    Fountain City, WI.

Spent the morning out at Long Walk up above Alma. The fish weren’t jumping out of the hole, but I did get some nice fish. Biggest gill was 8.5″ Biggest perch was 11.5″ The 27″ snot-rocket hit my Lil Cecil on 2# test. Fifteen minutes battle. Probably caught 40-50 gills total and a dozen perch.

deerwoody
    Deerwood,MN.

Nice batch of fish,looks like that pike stole a couple of your panfish.

KTERSINAR
    marion IA

Great looking bunch of fish wish I could find some like that here in Iowa

dylan_w.
    La Crosse, WI

nice nice nice looking fish especially the Pike well keep slatering them
    =) dylan

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

Nice post Jim! I would not mind getting into some perch like those!

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

RKD:

Used to walk that to take care of those pike. Seen some awfuly nice ones come out of there too. I think the longest one was 48″.

Mark

rvvrrat
    The Sand Prairie

RDK, Does the “resort” charge to park/access fee now days? I could use some excercise…

tipupsonly
    Western Wisconsin

Ya they do charge. Its ridiculous. The sign says $2 per person, per vehicle, per atv, per snowmobile. So maybe I have interpretted the sign wrong. But to me that means if a guy drives down and brings his fourwheeler…he is expected to pay 6 bucks?

rkd-jim
    Fountain City, WI.

Quote:

Ya they do charge. Its ridiculous. The sign says $2 per person, per vehicle, per atv, per snowmobile. So maybe I have interpretted the sign wrong. But to me that means if a guy drives down and brings his fourwheeler…he is expected to pay 6 bucks?

You’ve got it right…..It’s the old theory of supply and demand. Where else are you going to park??

rvvrrat
    The Sand Prairie

So just a truck and me and a long walk == $4? Reminds me of the old days at Wilcox!

tipupsonly
    Western Wisconsin

Ya well i can understand charging 2 bucks a person. Thats not bad. But now say you and a couple buddies go and bring 2 wheelers and ur paying 12 bucks to fish. The owner is an . Owell, be taking the boat soon to go to the ice. How is the ice holding for fourwheeling across the walk right now?

rkd-jim
    Fountain City, WI.

On Monday there was more than enough ice for any type of driving on it. I had a hand auger and was on my knees to finish the holes. Needless to say I only drilled 2 holes. There were enough people out there that I went hole-hopping after a while. Yea, almost everything you do nowdays you have to “pay to play”. Not like the “old days”

mikelaw
    Alma WI

i fished long walk for the first time yesterday. I dont know what i done, but had my best day ever with the gills. in about 4 hrs i caught over 30, kept a few for dinner, VERY light bite, if it was not for the Aqua Vu, i never would of caught 1/2 of them. Going to try it tomorrow,

Naabb

Will Lonnie Sass let you park in his field road or does he charge, too.

tipupsonly
    Western Wisconsin

Just wondering how travel has been on the walk this week. Going to get out there sunday…ATV travel still good?

Steve Vick
    New London, MN

Not sure if the ownership has changed in recent years, but I use to know the owner of that resort…nice guy. We should be glad he lets you go on there again. I know he had stopped letting anyone on there after he had his storage shed broken into and burgularized….vandalized and had all the trash left on his property from disrespectful people. Ruins it for a lot of people. Charging a couple 4-5-6 bucks is worth access to a body of water if it’s good fishin!

tipupsonly
    Western Wisconsin

Fished the long walk today. It’s a tough walk with that snow. Snowmobile travel seems to be the way to go…it looks like too much snow plus slush underneath for the ATVs. Just tip-up today and it was aweful….one northern. Not worth the walk today.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.