Neshonic Is Producing!!!

• dylan_w.
    La Crosse, WI

On Sunday me and my friend went out to Neshonic at 6:30am in the morring and from there to 12:30 the Crappies would not stop bitting. Every couple minutes you would be realing in another Crappie and all of them were fairly decent sized fish. Although we got nothing on the tip-up no one else did either so there was nothingt o be ashamed of.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Have you ever put a tape to them crappies on Neshonoc?

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

The only reason I ask… there have been alot of small fish being taken out of there this year. Also there is a sign at the landings from the lake association asking that people only keep 10 pan fish. They sure have been working hard trying to make it a great area for fishing. I can remember years ago when it was nothing but little bullheads

dylan_w.
    La Crosse, WI

No, we didn’t keep any fish because we went the day before so we didn’t keep any that day.

witte
    West Salem, WI

Bret – 20 years ago it was a great crappie fishery. We’d row from stump to stump and catch some big slabs during the spring. My grandfather caught many 16 inchers out of there way back when. The drawdown attempt to kill the carp eggs seem to effect the crappie worse than the carp….it moved the structure and I wonder if it didn’t kill crappie eggs too. It’s turned back into a nice lake again…I caught a 16 inch 2.25 lb white out there in ’99. They’re out there.

Dave

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

witte,

Yep, don’t take me wrong. I love the lake and yes there are some slabs out there If your not looking for just a numbers game there are some nice crappies that can be caught through the ice also.

The Lake is coming along nicely Mike C and I had a blast helping the lake association build cribs. The lake association has done great job

witte
    West Salem, WI

Yes, they have done a great job. Nice to see there are strong younger year classes too.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.