warmer weather

• eye_hunter

so i was out fishing on medicine and the pan fishing was great. i was thinking about heading back there on saturday, but i heard on the radio this morning that the temps will be at 40 degrees all week long. now with this in mind it is above freezing point. what i want to know, being a begginner that i am, if it is still ok to drive on the lake. or most importantly is it still even ok to fish. really looking forward to everyones feedback..

barbisfishn
    Cedar Rapids, Ia

Wow 40 degrees a Winter Heat Wave. I’m no professional, but it’ll take a month to melt 15″ of ice or more.

Let the Short Sleeve Fishing begin!!!

fishinallday
    Montrose Mn

Your good to fish. I wouldn’t be to concerned about the ice after only a week of warm weather. (Remember NO ice is safe.) You may however want to keep an eye on the forcast. They are calling for a heck of a storm this weekend.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Art

Ice should still be good but watch for slush spots. They can hang you up pretty good. Good luck.

gjk1970
    Annandale Mn.

Yep it is a warm one out there guys just sitting on the ice fishing again and the snow is melting FAST… Alot of water on top of the ice already on Clearwater..

fireline
    Rochester

Glenn do you think it will be safe to drive on Clearwater this weekend ?

gjk1970
    Annandale Mn.

As of today they were driving atvs again but one of my drivers just called and said they are out there in vehicles again tonight now. I personally cant say what the ice will be like this weekend I know I have to go out there and limp a broken framed house off the ice..

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.