Pool 8 Crappies=SP(2)+C+PM+MLX3

• cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

For lack of what to title my posts lately, I decided to come up with a formula for what was needed to catch fish today It’s a little wierd I know, but I thought it was interesting.

What this all means:
    Basically, The crappie bite was slow to non existant this morning. In fact, my first 2 fish were perch. We were not having an easy time at getting these fish to bite, although they were definitely in our area. However, Some cloud cover (C) came into the picture around noonish and the fish became much more agressive at that time. Justin and I both hopped around with our sweedish pimples (SP[2]) and found a pretty fierce bite for the last couple hours that we were there. The bite picked up around 2 and was just raging until about 3:30 when it slowed down a bit, but I caught one more 11″er while we were packing up to go at 4. The marcum Lx-3 (MLX3) again paid off as an extremely valuable tool for both Justin, and I. Justin was quite frustrated as he was not catching fish. I loaned him the flasher, and he immidiately iced 3 fish. This was enough for him to get his confidence back and he was finally able to jump around and catch fish all afternoon on the sweedish pimple. The fish were surprisingly shallow over 18-20 ft of water. They were suspending off large submerged timber anywhere from 5-9 feet down. When they would move in, you could promptly ice several good fish on the sweedish pimple, then finesse 2 or 3 more with a small jig tipped with plastic. We caught several fish well over 11″ including 2 that were in that 11-3/4″ class- pushing 12″ long. Made for a fun time after a slow start. I would venture a guess to say that Justin and I could have put together a cumulative catch of around 20-25 good crappies. I can only imagine what the evening bite would have been like (from 4-6) but I bet it was on fire. I had a great time, and it was nice seeing you again TJ91

-Cade

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

I have 2 more pics, but am having technical dificulties and will have them up asap

this pic gives you a hint of our hot bait

hey wats

earnit

Good to see that the fishing picked up! Too bad we couldn’t have stuck around a bit longer. I thought that cloud cover was going to work for the advantage.

Good to see you guys again! Thanks for the couple fish too cade!

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

Well thank you back Jay- for the ride, the auger use, etc.
    I”m finally getting these pics to work so here are the last 2
    Me with a dandy..

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

finally! serious issues w/ the pics tonight. Here is Justin with a nice crappie.

jeff_hansen

Quote:

Pool 8 Crappies=SP(2)+C+PM+MLX3

I told you that algebra would come in handy some day

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

Thanks, Have you been doing any ice fishing lately???? Haven’t had time to stop in lately, but I hear carson broke his arm??
    Hope you are catchin’ fish, or shootin’ yotes

neshonoc
    Wisconsin

Looks i should of stuck around a little bit longer. Great to see it picked up though. But it was still great fishing with you guys and it was nice seeing you again TJ91.

Luke

smaders06

cade the fishing after you left was great my dad and i caught 15 total in about 1 hour the smallest on was about 10 inches with the biggest one being 12-1/2-13 inches. Im telling you you should of stuck around
    ~well thanks for telling us where to go
    ~kyle

dylan_w.
    La Crosse, WI

It’s nice to see that there bitting there keep getting the big ones…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.