Pool 8 Crappies- 2/16/07

• cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

Justin P. and I decided to take advantage of our day off from school today. We found ourselves re-visiting a pool 8 hotspot in hopes of catching some more suspended slab crappies. the fishing was definitely slow compared to last weekend, but the fish were still everywhere and taking sweedish pimples and small jig and plastic combinations willingly. We fished from 10-6 and came out with a pretty decent ammount of fish. The total was 22 big crappies with a bunch of 8-9″ fish back down, and Justin lost a very nice crappie at the hole, thanks to me trying to help him out but actually pulling the jig from the fish’s mouth Justin got over it and I let him use the marcum for a while as my apology
    We caught nearly all of our fish today in around 20 ft of water, suspended anywhere from 8ft and down. there were some bottom huggers, but there were a lot more small bluegill down there than we cared for, so we targeted the nicer sized crappies coming in at the 14-8 ft range.
    It was a nice day on the ice, and nice to see you, jason jabe, Greg “waz” Wastlick, and crew. It looked like everyone was having a good time
    the above pic is I believe 18 of our catch. I took the picture because we were losing light, but we caught a few more after the picture

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

Justin with a nice crappie

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

last one-Me with a couple crappies around 11-1/2″..sorry, I don’t usually look this mean

eyebuster
    Duluth

Nice report Good lookin fish

jeff_jensen
    cassville ,wis

Nice report Cade,stay on em!

mrcrappie
    mn Dodge co.

Nice job Cade, Looks like ya put the hammer on them. Doug

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Thanks for the report. Nice fish Cade.
    Thanks, Bill

barbisfishn
    Cedar Rapids, Ia

Those look nice, and they come in a sled too?

Good Job guys……

ederd
    Northeast Iowa, Randalia

Nice job Cade! A lot better than sitting in school!!

Ed

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

thanks for all the comments I am a bit embarassed to showcase that sled Pink is not generally my color, but it gets the job done Its also nice to have the permenant shanty already on top of the fish so I can travel light!!

erick
    Grand Meadow, MN

I was just going to say looks like you r permanent was on some fish today bud!! Well off to bed got a full weekend of bulls and slabs ahead of me on the river

gwastlick
    Viola

The “crew” as Cade refered to had a good day. We all caught fish some more than others but a good time was had by all. Thanks to all on the IDA site for directions on tips it was appreciated. The day for us started about 7:30 walking on to ice to spot what appeared to be Cade’s perm, after getting very few bites around that made a move and that is where we eventually ended up camping for the rest of the day. I ended with 18 crappies, I had my best luck on a moon glitter green/white tipped with two red spikes. 10-14 feet down like Cade said produced the most bites. Overall it was a great day fishing and I’m glad I met Cade, and JP, Hey JP did your foot get dry

smaders06

nice job cade and justin mabey dylan and i will cya down there tomorrow.

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

Hey Kyle + Chris, good luck if you guys get out. I don’t think we will be going there again It was pretty slow today. I got a few nice slabs on an early morning bite, but after around 8 o clock, it was tough to get anything going. I got out around 6:35 and they were very agressive at that time Donated a few nice crappies to another guy, but didn’t keep any myself. I could have walked away with probably 15 myself, but keep in mind, thats a full day of fishing I’ll post a pic of my biggest- a near 12″er tonight..
    Good luck, we will be down the road a ways

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

here is the pic from yesterday

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.