French island help

• Scooter
    Rockford Il.

anybody doing any good? I have a freind that wil be up there this weekend and only has a few hours of free time but he wants to get out and do some ice fishing. Any suggestions?

jld
    Holmen

You are close enough to the Nelson Park/Sailboat Club but that has been slow all winter or either of the spots off Fishermam’s Road. Guys have been going out on the Black River at the Airport Beach for ‘eyes or Camp 22 or probably best would be the turnaround at the end of Fisherman’s Road for ‘gills. Hard to say this time of year. Spots seem to be more hit and miss it seems lately. Good luck.

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

it is definitely hit or miss right now. We are in the “dog days” of winter right now. Panfish have been really hit and miss for me, mostly miss But, there are fish to be had. Once you find them the next big issue is getting them to bite Any of the areas mentioned above are quick and easy places to try out. Good luck

dylan_w.
    La Crosse, WI

French Island can be good in some area’s if I was you first you should check down at 22 ( Fisherman’s Road )go all the way to the end and there should be some people out there everytime ive been out there ive either caught gill’s, Perch, Crappie, and every once and awhile some Walleye action to. So try down there.
    Dylan

smaders06

just like dylan said go to 22 you should get some great action there mabey some northern also if you put some tip ups out.
    Good Luck

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

22 is NOT all the way to the end of the road I was just down there a couple days ago (22) and it was not worth the auger gas to drill a few holes Talked to a few guys and they had very few bites. One guy had 2 crappies in half a day of fishing.

rkd-jim
    Fountain City, WI.

Fished Black River beach today and between two of us caught 2 fish all afternoon. Lots of fish on the aqua view but would not bite………anything!!! Come on warm weather

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.