Onalaska Ice fishing?

• Scooter
    Rockford Il.

I have a friend that is going to be up around French Island this weekend. He has a son that has a hockey tournament up there. He was hopeing to get out a do a little ice fishing and was wondering if anyone can give him some pointers for that area. He’s only going to have about three or four hours.

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

no need to bring the ice gear- he’ll catch just as much fish at the hockey tournament as he will on the lake

in all seriousness, ya might as well give it a try, But I was out on the lake last Sunday and there was nothing going on

jld
    Holmen

Cade, to catch fish at Lake Onalaska you have to at the very least drop a line in the water, fish tend bite better that way. Dropping the Marcum down and not seeing fish is not an attempt to fish, you had a different place in mind and you wanted nothing to do with Lake Onalaska, although you were a right it was slow but still….

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

Yeah we didn’t give it much of a chance. All though I did drop a line down for 10 minutes over by the cribs in the deeper water. No marks, not even a looker. Then at shaffers, same thing, nothing at all. We had good reason to go to the other place though Here’s one from today over there. Btw, how’d you do? I was going to talk to ya but you took off!

jld
    Holmen

Lots of fish on screen but they really had to be worked to make them bite. I managed to take a half dozen gills and crappies home. Should have brought some live bait, I saw two nice largemouths and a good sized slimer hit my perch cam, that was cool watching it come directly at the camera and attack it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.