7th street?

• gwastlick
    Viola

fellow anglers,
    I am new to this site, but have been keeping up on post. I have heard a little about the area behind gunderson hospital. I am planning fishing in the area friday and had a friend who will be fishing with me drive down 7th street to the boat landing today. he told me that there was hardly any tracks and only one fisherman, he did go talk to him he was fishing in about 17 foot had only one small crappie. he was only about 30 or so feet from shore. If a fella was going to fish here are there any pointers on which direction to head? Also is this the place also referred to as swift creek? The post I have been reading have said sunken trees and deep water is the ticket. any help will be appreciated.

Matt Hall
    Mount Horeb, WI

It sounds like your friend may have been at the actual 7th st landing. To get to the area you’re looking for you need to take the last left before the landing. That road is a dead end, park at the end and follow what should be a beaten down path to the water. I’m sure others will chime in with what’s been working down there. Good Luck!

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

the guy your friend saw must have come in at the landing and walked across to the bay over there. That bay can be good at times, but swift creek is where matth said There are a ton of tracks out there

neshonoc
    Wisconsin

Like Cade said there are a lot of tracks back there and one main way to get out there from all the tracks. Its really easy to find.

dylan_w.
    La Crosse, WI

7th street! well if there is enough ice down there go right from the boat landing strait like heading to the main channel but not that far the first right take it then there is a big tree hanging in the water ( frozen in the ice ) make holes there it’s good for crappie.

smaders06

it should be really good fishing if you take the first left befor you come to the landing. Good luck

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.