Underwater Camera Trouble

• kruger
    Metro,mn

I have the hardest time keeping the camera on my jig because the cord keeps spinning and i can’t control it so i need some tips on what to do , Kruger

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

What kind of camera?
    Aqua View has a $20 tripod that works very well for that situation. Not sure what the other cameras offer

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

there have been a couple other threads about this. Check out the camera compass..It is a black disk with a slit and cleats in it and you can spin it and stop it wherever you want. It works very well for me! I picked mine up at Gander Mountain and they were 12.99…They are easy to store because they are only about 12″ in diameter and maybe 1/4″ thick. They are cool, but I bet you could make one that is just as effective for 2 bucks

gjk1970
    Annandale Mn.

He has the Marcum VS-250…
    I have used the Aqua View tri-pod on mine with a clothes pin to hold it at the desired depth and kept the camara from spinning on me..

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Cade,
    If it is 12″ in dia, must you have a hole that big to put it down?????
    my auger is 8″ dia
    Jack..

gary_wellman
    South Metro

A 12″ ruler, with a plastic spring clamp……All for about $1.95 at Walmart for both items.

Clamp the cable to the ruler to your desired depth and rotate the ruler around the hole until you find your bait.

This way, you always know what to “place” the ruler to know where the camera is looking at, if you need to rotate to look around.

Cheap, simple, light, small, stores easy………

gjk1970
    Annandale Mn.

Gary~
    That is a incredible idea… Thanks

scottsteil
    Central MN

MarCum make a device that spans the hole and the cable fits inside it. Then you just place a steering clip on the cable at your desired depth.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.