Pool 8 Fickle Panfish

• cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

The bite on Pool 8 has been tough but still consistant if you are after a batch of nice suspended slabs over deep water The extreme cold of last week thru this week has not only added several inches of ice (we are now looking at around 17-18″), but also killed off the shad making it much more enjoyable when icing these nice crappies.
    Justin P. and I headed out around 9 to meet up with TJ91 and his friend Pete from Lancaster, WI. The bite was real slow but we were catching a few. Justin and I each iced probably 5 keepers using either a sweedish pimple with a waxie or a small jig tipped with a minnow head. These fish are stubborn and would not bite well. You would either have to snap jig ‘um in on the sweeish pimple or just dead stick the minnow head on the small jig. We were fishing the same verticle tree where the fish have been holding all week. Finally we decided to make a move to a large ditch that runs 15-20 ft on either side and drops down to 35 in the actual ditch. We found a large tree right on the edge of the drop into the ditch and were able to catch some very nice fish in the afternoon hours of the day. TJ91 and his friend Pete left around 4, both with a limit of pool 8 crappies in their buckets. Justin and I wanted to stay and keep pounding them, and that we did. We did not catch as many fish after 5, but still a few here and there. I took home 12 big slabs after sending several to TJ91 for his fish fry. It was a very fun outing on the ice!

Here is a pic of Kyle S. with his nice perch earlier on.

-Cade

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

Justin with a nice crappie

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

I managed to stick this 12-1/2″ crappie immidiately upon making our move

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

last one…I’m looking forward to dealing with these shortly

neshonoc
    Wisconsin

great job cade and justin. Thats great that the fishing picked up after we left. Great perch kyle !

smaders06

nice one kyle
    its chris and i was supposed to be out there but i have a broken foot and i have to wait about another 5 days

later

earnit

THANK YOU CADE! It was a pleasure meeting you. We had blast! Hope to see you again!

We had a very nice bunch of slab crappie! I was throwing many nice ones back towards the end of the day (needing 2 more for my limit) waiting for “the BIG one” to come along.

thanks again.

earnit

going to attempt posting a picture

earnit

WOW! It worked! That one was just a bit over 12″.

Here are some of the bunch.

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

It was a great experience Jay I’m very glad that you guys were able to catch some nice fish after a long trip up, and I can only imagine that the bite wouldn’t have been that good at Goose Island That whitey is sure a nice one! You two sure were some hot sticks out there yesterday

earnit

Pete is the master crappie guy…..I just pretend to be

neshonoc
    Wisconsin

Great Fish Jay! Its good to see that you guys were atleast catching something. Thanks again for letting me use your auger.

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

You are both obviously crappie masters, As you both limited out! He was a MACHINE out there in that ditch we were fishing

And yeah, what Luke said, thanks for the use of the Lazer. It sure cuts nice!

Let me know when you are coming back up

-Cade

earnit

I’ll let you know for sure! I think you can count on it! Maybe someday when it’s possible for you, you can head down here for a day and we can show you around!

Luke, I was more than happy to let you use it!

I can’t believe Pete forgot the buns for those brats okay…..maybe it was my fault. They hit the spot, just the way they were!

dylan_w.
    La Crosse, WI

nice one cade and kyle keep landing the big ones.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.