Vexilar or MarCum

• neshonoc
    Wisconsin

Im thinking about buying a flasher after using Cades MarCum LX-3. Im curious what i should get, a MarCum or Vexilar. I want an all around, well rounded flasher for a descent price. Any input would be great.

rvrat
    st cloud,mn

Chevy/Ford…Polaris/Yamaha…Both are good flashers and the argument could be made why anyone likes the other…I used a Vex fl-18 for about 3 years…My wife then bought me a Marcum last year…In MY opinion the Marcum is a bettter unit for ME…It has more features for the $$$and and I would use it over the Vexilar any day..Not to say the Vexilar is not a good unit I just prefer the Marcum…good luck…Rat

david_scott
    Twin Cities

As RVRAT suggested, he covered it well. Its a preference debait, both are good. If I were spending the cash, it would be on Marcum, not because its a site sponsor.. because I really like the units. The Interferance(sp?) reduction is excellent, the zoom modes are handy, they perform well and will leave you with full confidence you know whats happeing below you.

Money well spent.

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

You are going to get plenty of opinions in this thread. This question comes up a lot. Some people love vexilar, others are in complete opposition. However, I cannot say that I notice a difference between the success of fisherman fishing with vexilars and the number of fisherman fishing with marcums. If you have confidence and like the unit you are using, you are going to catch fish. But for the features that you can get, the choice is simple. Marcum. hands down. I have a theory that has to do with ebay..There are pages full of vexilars for sale at cheap prices. Look up Marcum and you will only finr 1 or 2 for sale. I wonder why everyone is selling their vexilars?

Anyway, Lets just say, if you go with a vexilar, you won’t want to be fishing anywhere near me anymore

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.