A few eyes and sauger pics

• amwatson
    Holmen,WI

I have been able to get a few eyes and sauger through the ice the last few days. The bite isn’t fast and furious but you can get a few. Mccrty_ryn and myself went out this evening and landed 4 good eaters and several dinks. Ryan landed a sauger that was so fat it was about to explode. My best fish of the night was a 17″ walleye. Swedish pimples and jiggin raps were the bait of choice lately.

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Here is a pic of Ryan with his keepers

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

Nice fish guys….
    They look kinda…ummm…stiff??
    A little cold out there???

mccrty_ryn
    Holmen, WI

My face is still Thawing out. That big fat sauger sure was hungry he almost pulled the pole out of my hand when he hit the pimple. What made it even more fun is it was on a 24 inch ultra light rod with 2lb mono.

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Yeah, it was a little on the chilly side Those fish were even kept in the shanty until we left. They froze pretty good on the walk back to the vehicles. Ryan was taking me to school for awhile there. He had 2 on the ice before I even had a bite But, I was cool under pressure and caught a couple keepers to even the score

mccrty_ryn
    Holmen, WI

Right about the time I started being a smart about it Mike started catching em. and I stopped

Next time I might have to keep my mouth shut.

herb
    6ft under

Very nice!

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Nice fish guys. Did I hear Wats was using a Swedish Pimple

mccrty_ryn
    Holmen, WI

No he wouldn’t use one. I offered one to him and he had a few choice words to say about them.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Thanks Ryan for clearing that up

mccrty_ryn
    Holmen, WI

Yeah last nights outing was pretty decent. When I got there Mike already had a hole drilled for me can’t beat that. My heater died after the sun went down but good ol Mike to the rescue with extra propane.

Good thing he didn’t charge a guide fee.

Brian Lyons

Way to go Mike&co. Looks like a tasty supper to me

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Went out again this evening looking for the eyes and saugers. We found them, just not much for size tonight. We were using jiggin raps in size 3 and 5, tipped with minnows and also plain. I pulled around 7 small sauger with the biggest being about 12″. I also caught a very nice perch but threw him back as well. Ryan (mccrty_ryn) had a good hole that produced several dinks and 2 keeper walleyes and also lost a couple keeper sized fish at the hole If I remember right, all the keeper fish came after dark. We fished until 8:30 tonight and were still marking many fish and had a lot of lookers. Pictured is the best fish of the night caught by Ryan

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Way to go guys. That has to be a blast snapping steel through the ice

gjk1970
    Annandale Mn.

Good job on catching some nice eaters…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.